Nurse Ward Manager - Mental Health
Dorking, Surrey, England
- £ 40500 - 40500 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- 21 Feb 2020
- 24 Apr 2020
£40,500 p/a | 37.5 Hour Contract – Days | Inpatient Mental Health Unit | Great Staff Benefits & L+D
A leading national provider of health and social care services is currently recruiting for an experienced RMN/Mental Health Nurse to work as Ward Manager in their inpatient mental health unit in the Dorking area.
The facility offers rehabilitation to females of working age who are living with complex mental health needs, challenging behaviours, trauma and substance misuse issues.
Details of this RMN Nurse Ward Manager position and what our client is offering:
• 37.5 hours per week on a permanent contract, working flexible day shifts
• A great annual salary of £40,500
• A friendly and supportive working environment
• A private pension scheme with employer contributions
• Cycle to work schemes
• 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
• Some great retail and lifestyle discounts and gym membership programmes
• Enhanced maternity pay
• Some industry leading learning and development programmes
Duties of this RMN Nurse Ward Manager role include:
• Provide senior nursing leadership to the ward nursing team
• Ensure that risks are assessed and managed across the immediate and wider working area and that statutory requirements are met
• Identify defects in skill mix and safe staffing levels and acts to address these
• Engaging in problem solving supporting and encouraging clients and staff members to develop solutions
The successful candidate for this Nurse Ward Manager will meet the following criteria:
• NMC Registered Mental Health Nurse/RMN
• Demonstrate extensive experience in a clinical environment within the mental health sector, with proven experience at Deputy Ward Manager level or equivalent
• Have evidence of continuing professional development and committed to further developing your skills and knowledge, including having completed a mentorship qualification
• Well organised and confident making clinical decisions and coordinating care
• Demonstrate a positive, proactive approach to leadership
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and an effective leader
For further details, or to apply now, please follow the link provided.
Alternatively, please call James Grice at SYK Recruitment now on Apply.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.