London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- 14 Feb 2020
- 13 Mar 2020
Matron - Nuffield Health at St Bartholomew's
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic individual either already a Matron, or looking to take that next step, who is looking to leave a mark and imprint on a brand-new hospital in London.
You will be an inspirational nurse leader responsible for all nurse recruitment and establishing an effective nursing team, with the opportunity to create your own nursing division and really make it your own.
You will ensure clinical teams are operationally prepared and will be working with the commissioning team to ensure the hospital is clinically ready for regulatory inspection prior to opening.
In 2021, we'll open the doors to Nuffield Health at St Bartholomew's Hospital: The City of London's only independent hospital, situated next to St Bartholomew's NHS hospital, Nuffield Health at St Bart's will be our flagship centre for cardiac services and will also provide a full range of surgical and medical services, including: orthopaedics, oncology, general surgery, gynaecology and urology surgery.
The new hospital will consist of:
- 48 inpatient and day case bedrooms
- 28 consultation rooms
- Three digital operating theatres
- Cardiac catheterisation lab
- Specialist intensive care beds
- Oncology day unit
- Endoscopy and minor ops theatre
- Full diagnostic imaging suite including MRI, CT, ultrasound, mammography and general X-ray
- Ensuring your hospital provides safe and effective care to people experiencing a diverse range of surgical and medical interventions.
- Delivering effective operational management and inspirational leadership.
- Across wards, theatres, outpatients, pharmacy, radiology, imaging and pathology, you will champion improvement to clinical standards, care and service.
- As a role model for excellent clinical governance, you will provide strategy and direction for the hospital.
- Always being approachable and accessible to patients, relatives and colleagues alike.
- A track record of achievement in managing, leading and developing nursing practice.
- Proven experience of line managing and leading clinical teams and services. (Including roles such as; nursing services manager, head of clinical services and clinical services manager)
- In depth knowledge of the health care regulatory agenda and mechanisms.
- An ability to stabilise teams, re-engage and recognize them, driving standards of care and a passion for health.
- The ability to quickly understand the clinical challenges facing the hospital and build excellent relationships with internal customers (such as Consultants) and external bodies.
- A thorough understanding of evidence-based practice and a track record of implementing these practices in a clinical setting.
We offer fantastic employee benefits including gym membership of our Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centres, discounted personal training, an annual health assessment, private healthcare and a Retirement Savings Plan
Salary - Competitive
Closing Date - Friday 13th March
Full time, 37.5 hours
Interviews will be held on the 18th March 2020