Oncology Stem Cell Transplantation Nurse (E Grade)
City of London, London, Greater London, England
- £ 36400 - 40800 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager)
- 14 Feb 2020
- 13 Mar 2020
We are now in the process of recruiting an Oncology Stem Cell Transplantation Nurse (E Grade) for our client based in London.
As a Staff Nurse in Stem Cell Transplant you will work in a clinical and service development capacity to ensure the service to patients is planned, delivered and evaluated in line with current evidence.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of high standards of care and service to the patients, and to work within a team to provide assessment and evaluation of care.
- Ensure that drug administration and control is in accordance with legislative requirements and the clinic regulations.
- Participate in the Cancer Centre triage bleep holder scheme.
- Develop and participate in research based practice, quality assurance and clinical and local audits.
- Encourage good working relationships within the multidisciplinary team, and deputising for Sister / Charge Nurses in their absence.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Post registration experience within an Oncology/Haematology Unit, with experience in Stem Cell Transplantation.
- Knowledge and ability to administer intravenous cytotoxic drugs, and experience in the management of Central Venous Catheters.
- To have an up to date knowledge of current chemotherapy protocols and drugs, as well as transplant related treatments, and the haematological Accreditation Standards.
- Highly motivated individual who possesses strong communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills.
If interested, please get in touch via contact details provided or click "Apply" to forward an up to date copy of your CV and ideally with a cover letter.
This job was posted to Ward nurse in City of London, London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 28300 - 37700 Per yearFull timePermanentUxbridge, Greater London, England
Nurse ( RGN or RMN or RNLD ) - Nursing Home Location: Near Uxbridge, MiddlesexCare Categories: Nursing, Nursing Dementia and Palli...