Scrub Nurse / Practitioner - QMS
Sidcup, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 14 Feb 2020
- 14 Mar 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, experienced registered nurse or ODP to be part of a diverse, hardworking scrub team. Newlands Day Case Unit comprises of two elective theatre suites, which care for a variety of elective ophthalmic, dental surgery and maxillo-facial patients of diverse origin and care needs.
As a Band 5 Scrub Nurse/Practitioner you will:-
- provide expert, holistic care of a high standard to both perioperative patients and their relatives
- assist in the leadership and development of an identified group of practitioners within the Unit complement
- act as a clinical resource within the Department where necessary
- act as a positive role model to junior staff members, Health Care Assistance and Senior Theatre Support Workers
- take direct managerial responsibility for the clinical area in the absence of or as delegated by the Senior Nurse
You will be a registered RN(1) or ODP with the ability to demonstrate recent clinical experience as a scrub nurse. We would welcome applications from those with ophthalmic scrub experience and must be prepared to be flexible in any given situation. You will have the motivation, vision and leadership qualities necessary to work alongside a successful theatre team. As one of the key members, you will deliver high standards of perioperative care, and have the ability to facilitate excellent patient care in the operating theatres. Evidence of previous academic courses such as the perioperative course is desirable.
We offer excellent educational opportunities from in-house study courses, as well as, the ability to advance your skills and aim to provide you with a high standard of training both academically and in the clinical area through our Practice Development Team.
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - 32 jobs https://www.nurses.co.uk/jobs/nursing/king-s-college-hospital-nhs-foundation-trust/ https://www.nurses.co.uk/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/55bf527a-856a-4276-b3de-dd8a0763f5ed131787258243659894.png
This job was posted to Nurse practitioner in Sidcup, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 40 - 55 Per hourPart timeTemporarySittingbourne, Kent, England
NMC Registered - Advanced Nurse OR Emergency Nurse Practitioner Pay Rate: £40 - £60/ per hour (Ltd) Location: West Kent and East Ke...