Mental Health Support Worker
London, Greater London, England
- £ 18208 - 18208 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 12 Feb 2020
- 10 Aug 2020
We are recruiting for a Mental Health Support Worker for a role based in London.
The candidate will work as part of a team providing an environment where people with complex and challenging needs are encouraged to live as independently as possible, using the assertive model of engagement and individually tailored support plans to form the basis for effective interventions. You will support the customers to develop and expand their life skills so that they can lead full and active lives within the community.
Skill and Experience
- The successful candidate will have experience of working with vulnerable adults, in a mental health setting or learning disability.
- You will have an understanding of how mental health problems, learning disabilities and complex needs may affect day to day functioning
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding policies and procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport and liaise appropriately with customers, team members, clinicians and other external support services
- You will show a commitment to, and an understanding of equality of opportunity and the ongoing management of diversity.
- You will possess good IT skills, with the ability to adapt easily to new systems along with good written and verbal skills
If interested, please get in touch via contact details provided or click "Apply" to forward an up to date copy of your CV and ideally with a cover letter.
This job was posted to Community mental health nurse in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timePermanentRainham, Greater London, England
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic Mental Health Professionals who have a strong sense of initiative and an excellent te...