Bank - Theatre Nurse- Anaesthetics, Scrub, Recovery
Bristol, City of Bristol, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 3 Dec 2019
- 2 Jan 2020
- Our theatre department is the Major Trauma centre for the South West Region and a specialist regional centre for a number of services, including neurosurgery, renal, plastics, burns and orthopaedics.
- Our anaesthetics and scrub practitioners have access to unique multidisciplinary training delivered by our Perioperative simulation team within a purpose built simulation facility; our Clinical Simulation space.
- We are also innovating the traditional recovery approach, supporting patients during admission, pre-op and post operatively within our Medirooms. A new concept in healthcare, our Medirooms combine the traditional recovery, day-case, same-day and admission areas into a single patient room environment, specifically designed to enhance patient experience by improving the level of privacy and dignity that these areas were traditionally able to offer. Patients also benefit from continuity of care as they are admitted, recovered and discharged/transferred by the same Mediroom team.
But it’s not just our Theatre department which is exciting; our Trust bank is innovative, impressive and inclusive. Let us tell you a little more about it...
- As an NBTeXtra Nurse, you can work flexibly to suit your individual circumstances.
- Our NBTeXtra Nurses' are valued members of our team and have access to exceptional benefits; access to the NHS Pension scheme, free DBS and full training, induction and revalidation support. We also have competitive rates for shifts Trust wide.
- You will receive a full comprehensive induction- 2 weeks paid training, with orientation shifts delivered.
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Do you…
- Hold NMC registration with current license to practice
- Have experience working in Anaesthetics, Scrub or Recovery within the last 18-24 months
- Have a drive to work hard, enthusiasm and the ability to commit to a 2 week induction programme if successful
- Have Right to work in the UK (with relevant Adaption/ONP if applicable)
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into life at North Bristol NHS Trust (search ApplyBTNursing on Twitter , Facebook , Linkedin and Instagram )
- Contact us to find out more: Apply
If you apply for this vacancy and have not received a communication from this Trust within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Please note that this Trust does not reimburse travel expenses relating to interview attendance.
If you feel you meet the requirements of the Disability Act / Two Ticks scheme and require further support/advice, please contact us on tel Apply.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant(s) will normally commence at the minimum of the scale unless they have previous NHS service at the same band. Progression through the scale is by annual increments.
Staff identify as 'At Risk' and who meet the essential shortlisting criteria of the post will be prioritised. Priority will be given to North Bristol NHS Trust employees in the first instance.
Please note that North Bristol NHS Trust has an arrangement with a number of organisations (please find a list below) whereby we confidentially share previous pre-employment information relating to your existing job in order to support an efficient recruitment process for candidates when offered a new position with us.
(University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, North Bristol NHS Trust, Western Area Health Trust, Bristol Community Health, Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership, North Somerset Community Partnership, NHS South Central and West Commissioning Support Unit and Bristol City Council)
Please note that stringent pre-employment checks are undertaken on all successful applicants prior to commencement in post. Please refer to the ‘Information for Prospective Employees’ attachment for information relating to DBS charges.
This job was posted to Theatre nurse in Bristol, City of Bristol, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timePermanentCardiff, Cardiff (Caerdydd), Wales
INTERVIEWS FOR OUR TRUST ARE BEING HELD ON THE 4TH OF DECEMBER!!!!!!! Are you a nurse with 6+ months experience? Do you want a chan...
Full timeBankBristol, City of Bristol, England
We are looking to recruit a suitably experienced/qualified recovery coordinator, to join the SouthGlos Intensvie team for 18.75 hou...
Full timeBankBristol, City of Bristol, England
So, you’re eager to learn more about Theatre Nursing opportunities at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re u...