Dalkeith, Midlothian, Scotland
- £ 16.50 - 16.50 Per hour
- Full time, Part time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 3 Dec 2019
- 3 Jan 2020
Band 6 Equivalent/Circa £33K p/a | 38.5 Hour Contract – Days or Nights | £1K Welcome Bonus | Great Benefits
A large elderly and dementia nursing home a couple of miles outside of Dalkeith currently has a vacancy for an RGN, RMN or RNLD Registered Nurse to join their clinical team.
The home is owned and operated by one of the UK’s largest care groups and provides general nursing and dementia care to older adults from throughout Midlothian.
Details of this Registered Nurse vacancy and what the successful candidate will receive:
• 38.5 hours per week on a permanent contract (part-time hours may be considered)
• Flexible shift patterns, with days and nights available over a 7 day rota
• Very competitive rates of pay of £16.50 per hour, which is equivalent to NHS Band 6 rates of pay and an annual salary in the region of £33,000
• Some fantastic retail, leisure and lifestyle discounts
• A welcome bonus of £1,000 (subject to T&Cs)
• A range of opportunities for training, development and career progression in addition to a comprehensive induction
• NMC renewal fees paid plus support with your NMC revalidation
• Free uniforms and the cost of your PVG paid, plus a free Nursing Times subscription
As Registered Nurse, you will manage and implement care for a caseload of residents in the home, ensuring care plans are up to date and meeting both resident needs and legal requirements. You will also safely manage and administer drugs and medications in addition to leading a team of HCAs on shift in the delivery of high-quality care.
What we are looking for in a Registered Nurse:
• NMC Registered Adult General Nurse/RGN, Mental Health Nurse/RMN or Learning Disability Nurse/RNLD
• Ideally demonstrate some post-registration experience (preferably within an elderly care setting) although newly qualified nurses will also be considered for this position
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• A positive, proactive approach and committed to delivering the highest standards of care
If you are interested and would like more information, please call Katrusia Prodywus at SYK Recruitment in complete confidence now on Apply.
To apply now, please follow the link provided.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.