RGN Senior Nurse
Preston, Lancashire, England
- £ 42000 - 42000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
- 2 Dec 2019
- 2 Jan 2020
Band 7 Equivalent Rates/Circa £21.50 p/h | 37.5 Hour Contract – Flexible Shifts | Neurological Care | Great Benefits
A specialist care centre in a rural setting in the Preston area currently has a vacancy for an experienced RGN/Adult Nurse to work as Senior Nurse on a full-time, permanent basis.
The facility supports adults with neurological disabilities and conditions, people living with degenerative conditions and following TBIs, spinal injuries and strokes in addition to offering high quality palliative and end of life care.
Details of this RGN Senior Nurse position and what the successful candidate will receive:
• A permanent contract for 37.5 hours per week, which will be worked over a flexible shift pattern that includes days, nights, evenings and weekends
• A competitive annual salary of £42,000, which is equivalent to NHS Band 7 rates of pay and an hourly rate in the region of £21.50
• A private pension or the option to continue with the NHS pension for existing members
• Enhanced sick, maternity and paternity pay
• 25 days annual leave which increases with length of service, and the option to buy/sell days
• Free uniforms, free parking and discounted refreshments
• Some excellent retail and lifestyle discounts
• Excellent training and development programmes and financial support in undertaking qualifications, with scope for career progression in an expanding service
• A range of support programmes, wellbeing initiatives and much more
As RGN Senior Nurse, you will provide clinical leadership and guidance to the nursing team, working to ensure the best possible patient experience. You will further develop your skills and knowledge, working to develop specialist skills in neuro-care.
Applicants for this RGN Senior Nurse position should meet the following criteria:
• NMC Registered Adult Nurse/RGN
• Demonstrate proven post-registration experience, preferably within neurological care or have a keen interest in working with this client group
• Have completed a recognised mentorship qualification and confident supporting junior colleagues
• Strong clinical skills and good knowledge of current quality standards and best practices of care, with the ability to manage and monitor clinical standards
• A strong leader with proven managerial ability and experience in building and developing a team
• Very strong communication and interpersonal skills
To apply for this post, or for further details, please follow the link below.
Alternatively, please call Matt Wilson at SYK Recruitment now on Apply.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.