Nurse Unit Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
- £ 32700 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 30 Nov 2019
- 28 Dec 2019
As a Unit Manager with my client in Birmingham, you will take the role of a senior nurse on duty and have responsibility for a team of nursing and care staff. You will lead by example, delivering hands-on nursing care and providing strong leadership to your team. You will have a person centred ethos and be committed to enriching the lives of the individuals in your care.
On a day to day basis, you will have clinical, people and general management responsibilities and these will include:
- Conducting pre-admission assessments, assessing client care requirements
- Working with the MDT to ensure that care provided is appropriate and relevant to the individual's care package
Provide safe and effective processes for the ordering, handling, storage, administration, recording and disposal of drugs
- Maintain cost effective controls of all clinical supplies (including ordering, storage, stock rotation and correct usage)
- Review and document care plans on a regular basis
Positively promote the home
- Participate in an on-call system to support the nurse in charge
- Participate in recruitment, supervision and training of staff
- Deputising for the Registered Manager as necessary
- Report all compliments, comments and complaints
- Complying with all legal and regulatory policies and procedures
- Promoting choice, independence, dignity and respect
- Adhering to the NMC Code and updating your professional knowledge
You should hold a level 1 nursing qualification (RGN/RMN/RNLD) and have a current PIN.
Benefits on offer?
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- On-going development
- Competitive rates of pay
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- Career progression
- Employee benefits scheme - online shopping, discounts and vouchers
For more details on this excellent role, please call Jonathan on Applyor apply online.