Advanced Nurse Practitioner
Leicester, Leicestershire, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 19 Nov 2019
- 19 Dec 2019
The post holder will be responsible for the autonomous clinical assessment, treatment and/or referral or giving advice as appropriate to first contact patients cross a wide spectrum of clinical conditions within the services provided by DHU Health Care CIC through direct contact consultations. Direct consultations will be undertaken in clinic settings, with occasional working in the patients normal place of residence.
A commitment to a quality service, excellence in clinical practice and continuous professional development are integral to the role and the development of the service.
The post holder will participate in promoting and advancing DHU Health Care CIC.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
- To practice as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner without direct supervision providing a clinical service within the work of the company.
- To assess, diagnose, treat and refer patients requiring clinical service
- Seek advice of specialists as appropriate and follow this advice as appropriate.
- Managing patients within specified time parameters (this will be communicated separately).
- To exhibit excellent communication skills when dealing with patients and carers. Nonverbal and verbal skills required.
- To have the ability to make clear decisions with confidence and communicate these effectively.
- To maintain appropriate clinical records, ensuring that the documentation clearly demonstrates Guidelines for Records and Record keeping (for e.g. NMC/ HCPC).
- To prescribe medication and work within the limitations of current extended Non-Medical Prescribing legislation.
- To work within the parameters of his/her skills and knowledge, to recognise the limitations to one's own practice and to work within the bounds of ones training and capability according to the NMC and HCPC Code of Conduct.
- To maintain an awareness of developments in clinical practice.
- To optimise evidence-based practice within practice.
- To utilise advanced clinical skills within the scope of professional practice.
- History taking and physical examination of patients.
- Order investigations; interpret results as appropriate (usually clinicians working in the Assessment Zone only).
- Discharge or refer patients as appropriate to internal or external clinical pathways.
- To provide health promotion/accident prevention for patients and carers.
- The ordering, storage, administration and disposal of medicines in a safe, secure manner in accordance with current legislation.
- Participate in admission avoidance activities.
- To promote the protection of children and vulnerable adults in accordance with local safeguarding procedures.
- To reassure the rapid and effective transmission of patient data between all relevant parties.
- To work effectively as part of a multi professional team in collaboration with other members of the service.
- To share in the commitment DHU Health Care CIC has made to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Adults, Children and Young People.
- To maintain appropriate IP&C as per DHU, UHL and national policy.
The job holder will have;
Qualifications & Academic/ professional
- First Level registered nurse/ paramedic.
- Autonomous practice experience supported by the appropriate post registration qualifications preferably at level 7.
- Evidence of experience using advanced clinical examination and assessment skills within practice supported by the appropriate post registration qualification.
- Successful completion of a course leading to the independent non-medical prescribing qualification.
- Autonomous practice working and multi-professional team working.
- Evidence of using advanced physical examination and assessment skills in practice.
- Can demonstrate a broad and sound knowledge of complex and common conditions in primary care in both adults and children of all ages.
- Has experience in nurse-led clinics or emergency care centres, out of hours facilities or urgent/walk in centres.
- Experience as an independent non-medical prescriber and is aware of current legislation governing practice.
Benefits include but not limited to;
- Recruitment and retention payments
- Continuation of NHS Service preserved
- Support with the revalidation process
This job was posted to Nurse practitioner in Leicester, Leicestershire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timePermanentLeicester, Leicestershire, England
Purpose of the RoleThe post holder will be responsible for the autonomous clinical assessment, treatment and/or referral or giving ...