Dialysis/ Renal Nurse- Portlaoise
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 18 Nov 2019
- 15 May 2020
The post holders will work as part of the Dialysis Team and will take personal responsibility and accountability for ensuring that policies and procedures are followed, thereby ensuring duties are carried out in accordance with the advisory guidelines and practices set out in Irish National Nursing Council (INNC).
Clinic opening hours are Monday to Saturday 7.15am to 7.15pm and a typical working week is 37.5hrs.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Registered Nurse with current NMBI registration to practice
- Completion of training for additional clinical skills required in the unit i.e. IV drug administration/cannulation & venepuncture
- Evidence of an ability to critically appraise and utilise research to maintain and improve patient care
- Excellent written and verbal skills –Must be fluent in English
- Ability to build good relationships with patients, relatives, visitors and colleagues by developing rapport, communicating clearly and accurately, active listening and the ability to empathise. The post-holder must have the ability to refer to senior staff as required.
- Ability to recognise and diffuse potentially difficult situations in relation to patients, carers or members of the multidisciplinary team
- Organisational skills for co-ordination and provision of care needs of patients using initiative, time management, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to provide verbal and generate and computer written reports on the patient’s condition for nurses and professionally qualified workers
- Demonstrate teaching and presentation skills to enable active participation as a mentor for students and to promote an effective learning environment
Salary in line with DOH guidelines.
Job description available upon request
For further information, or to apply, please contact Zoe Lawlor: