Deputy Theatre Manager
Bushey, Hertfordshire, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 8 Nov 2019
- 8 Dec 2019
You will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the regions most experienced Consultants, covering a varied and diverse caseload. Training is available to allow you to broaden your experience and career development is readily available allowing you to move up to senior positions as and when they arise.
We have a high level of cases through Theatres on a daily basis, often averaging 50/60 in a day and you will be strongly encouraged to influence improvements and change across the department to support this level of activity.
If you accept an offer to join the team before 30th November 2019 you may be eligible for a £2,000 joining bonus
Spire Bushey Hospital is one of North London and Hertfordshire's leading private hospitals, with an excellent reputation for delivering high quality private hospital treatment. The hospital has been treating patients for over 35 years and has over 400 consultants. All of our consultants are highly experienced and many enjoy national and international reputations.
The hospital offers a premium service in key areas of complex healthcare including orthopaedics, neurospinal, general surgery and gynaecology. Spire Bushey Hospital forms part of a 4 site portfolio, and is supported by and works alongside Spire Bushey Diagnostic Centre, Elstree Cancer Centre and Spire Pathology Centre - based on Centennial Park in Elstree - just 5 minutes from the main hospital site.
Duties and responsibilities
- Building and maintaining relationships with Consultants
- Deputise for the Theatre Manager in their absence
- Operationally running the Theatre department alongside the Theatre Manager
- Supporting Team Leaders and Theatre Practitioners when required
- To be actively involved in developing and supporting the Theatre team to include recruitment, CPD, HR issues.
Who we're looking for
- Be NMC/HCPC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Extensive post qualification experience working within a leadership role
- Confident and experienced leader
- Team player
- Passionate about supporting and developing a team
- Ability to act on own initiative for the best of the department
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (This will increase to 35 on 1 st Jan 2020)
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Louise Tankard on Applyor Apply
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
This job was posted to Theatre nurse in Bushey, Hertfordshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 24 - 38 Per hourFull time...Contract...London, Greater London, England
Location: London Job Title: Roles available for specialist ITU/HDU Nurses Salary: £23.83 – £31.40 (PAYE) Wanting to work with an ag...
Full timePermanentBushey, Hertfordshire, England
It's an exciting time to join Theatres at Spire Bushey hospital. We are about to open a state of the art 6 th theatre that will al...