Staff Nurse - Children's Critical Care
London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 8 Nov 2019
- 7 Dec 2019
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley, Orpington Hospital, and some services at Beckenham Beacon and Queen Mary’s Sidcup.
The Trust is recognised internationally for its work in liver disease and transplantation, neurosciences, cardiac, haemato-oncology, fetal medicine, stroke, major trauma, and Emergency Department.
Thomas Cook Children’s Critical Care Centre
Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in South East London is a large teaching hospital at the forefront of academic and nursing excellence. At the heart of Kings is the Variety Children’s Hospital (VCH) offering a wide range of services and specialities for children and young people at local, regional, and international level. Within the VCH is a 16 bedded critical care centre providing both high dependency and intensive care management.
Working in the Critical Care Centre will provide you with the opportunity to care for patients admitted under a variety of specialties:
- Neurosurgery, trauma, general medicine and surgery, liver disease and liver transplantation, small bowel transplantation, neonatal surgery, intensive care and high dependency care.
Support and development opportunities are vital in our philosophy of providing the best care to our patients and valuing our staff. Development opportunities are actively encouraged, and you will be supported in gaining relevant qualifications. In addition, the Centre enjoys the support of an education team incorporating two Practice Development Nurses.
The following post offers challenging opportunities for dynamic and highly motivated children’s nurses within the 16-bedded Children’s Critical Care Centre.
Staff Nurse Children’s Critical Care (PICU/PHDU)
Band 5 (salary details)
We are seeking band 5 staff nurses who ideally have a minimum of 6 months experience working within a paediatric critical care or HDU setting. Adult qualified nurses with critical care experience or paediatric experience will also be considered. You will be supported via a comprehensive development programme including local competencies, and a clear career pathway. Future opportunities include the PICU course, HDU course/rotation and Mentorship qualification.
Please complete the relevant application form for the post you are interested in. You should consider the detailed job description and essential criteria appropriate to your application.
Join us and you’ll enjoy the support of a thoroughly committed team.
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - 28 jobs https://www.nurses.co.uk/jobs/nursing/king-s-college-hospital-nhs-foundation-trust/ https://www.nurses.co.uk/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/55bf527a-856a-4276-b3de-dd8a0763f5ed131787258243659894.png
This job was posted to Ward nurse in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
PLEASE NOTE THIS VACANCY IS FOR REFERENCE ONLY, APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE MONITORED. THIS ADVERT IS SOLELY TO INFORM OF THE OPEN DAY...