Registered Nurse - Complex Medicine-Band 5 (Experienced and Newly Qualifying)
Bristol, City of Bristol, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 7 Nov 2019
- 7 Dec 2019
- We are a forward-thinking innovative, multidisciplinary team caring for patients with complex acute medical and social needs at North Bristol NHS Trust;
- Caring for patients with complex needs, our team have experience in a wide variety of specialties, including chronic and mental health conditions, providing a holistic approach to patient experience
- Our nurses work within our multidisciplinary team to provide complex discharge planning and we’re proud of developing management experience within the team for those looking to progress to band 6 positions
- We’re home to the ‘Purple Butterfly’ project, a palliative care initiative that has gained us national recognition and awards, including Palliative and Hospice Care Team of the Year award at the British Medical Journal
- We give our nurses the opportunity to learn about complex and acute medical conditions in a supporting caring environment; our dedicated Practice Development Nurses support bespoke professional development opportunities across our complex care wards (9b,28a,28b) and Complex Assessment Unit (32a)
- We are striving to achieve the Quality Mark for Elder Friendly Hospital Wards, in partnership with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
But it’s not just our complex care units which are impressive; our trust itself is pioneering in its approach to healthcare. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- Our health and well-being initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA
- We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke specialty rotations. We also support internal transfers for those who wish to gain experience in a new specialty or further develop their skills
- Staffs are consulted on equity issues across the trust within their staff equality and development groups, with mentoring and support to succeed. Our trust is supporting the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people
- Our clinical environment is award-winning in its approach to healthcare design; each patient room has a view, many of which are naturally ventilated and 75% of rooms in our Brunel Building are single and en-suite. With nurses in mind, our clinical spine carefully separates staff and patient areas, with a generous staff canteen extending out to a rooftop terrace
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow)
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Are you…
- An experienced Registered Nurse working within an acute setting, looking to further develop your skills within complex care
- A newly qualified/qualifying nurse looking to develop fundamental skills that will be invaluable for your future career aspirations
- An experienced Registered Nurse working in a non-acute setting (i.e. nursing home) looking for a supportive environment to make the move into the acute setting
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Book a place at our engagement events to tour Southmead Hospital, meet the teams you could be working with, and understand the trust’s approach to patient care.
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into (search ApplyBTNursing on Twitter , Facebook , Linkedin and Instagram )
Looking for Flexible Working options?
Contact Apply to find out about joining NBTeXtra
If you apply for this vacancy and have not received a communication from this Trust within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Please note that this Trust does not reimburse travel expenses relating to interview attendance.
If you feel you meet the requirements of the Disability Act / Two Ticks scheme and require further support/advic
This job was posted to Ward nurse in Bristol, City of Bristol, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankWeston-Super-Mare, Somerset, England
We are looking for highly motivated members of staff to join an experienced friendly team here on Cove Ward in Weston super mare. T...
£ 38760 - 38760 Per yearFull timeBankCardiff, Cardiff (Caerdydd), Wales
Nurse, Functional Assessor – Health and Disability AssessmentsLocation: CardiffStarting Salary: £38,760 + Comprehensive benefits pa...
Full timeBankBristol, City of Bristol, England
Are you an outstanding nurse ready for your next challenge? Do you share our Trust values and strive for clinical excellence? Would...