Registered Nurse- Renal- Band 5 (Experienced and Newly Qualifying)
Bristol, City of Bristol, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 7 Nov 2019
- 7 Dec 2019
- Our services hold an national and international reputation for treatments and transplant surgery. For example we’re the UK’s largest referring unit for the pancreatic transplants – one of only six hospitals in England to provide specialist islet transplantation.
- Our approach to dialysis is progressive and patient-centred. Our in home treatments offer patients the option of dialysing at home with a dedicated nursing team, and we aim to improve confidence and independence with our shared care dialysis or our self-care unit.
- We deliver pioneering techniques to enable highly sensitised patients, recipients and donors with incompatible blood groups to have a live kidney transplant.
- Our nurses move through our bespoke rotation packages across specialties, undertake our structured preceptorship programme, attend national conferences, and clinically develop through accredited University modules.
But it’s not just our renal unit which is impressive; our trust itself is pioneering, progressive and proud. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- Our health and wellbeing initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA.
- Our nurses don’t shy away from a challenge in aid of Southmead Hospital Charity. They cycle, run, row and race in aid of a fantastic cause, or sing in our staff choir and compete in ‘Southmead Does Strictly’.
- We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke specialty rotations. We also support internal transfers for those who wish to gain experience in a new specialty or further develop their skills.
- Our staff are consulted on equity issues across the trust within equality and development groups, and given the mentoring and support to succeed. Our trust supports the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people.
- Our clinical environment is award-winning in its approach to healthcare design; each patient room has a view, many of which are naturally ventilated and 75% of rooms in our Brunel Building are single and en-suite. With nurses in mind, our clinical spine carefully separates staff and patient areas, with a generous staff canteen extending out to a rooftop terrace.
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes. Our city boasts a wide range of state-of-the-art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, and excellent transport links. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, our trust is easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales.
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Are you…
- A registered nurse eager to channel your experience into a new and exciting role?
- A newly qualified nurse ready to take the leap from theory to the clinical setting, supported by a structured preceptorship and (something about inspirational team)?
- An experienced nurse with the passion and talent to progress clinically and professionally?
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Book a place at our engagement events to tour Southmead Hospital, meet the teams you could be working with, and understand the trust’s approach to patient care.
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into (search ApplyBTNursing on Twitter , Facebook , Linkedin and Instagram )
If you apply for this vacancy and have not received a communication from this Trust within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Please note that this Trust does not reimburse travel expenses relating to interview attendance.
If you feel you meet the requirements of the Disability Act / Two Ticks scheme and require further support/advice, please contact us on tel Apply.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant(s) will normally commence at the minimum of the scale unless they have previous NHS service at the same band. Progression through the scale is by annual increments.
This job was posted to Ward nurse in Bristol, City of Bristol, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 38760 - 38760 Per yearFull timeBankBristol, City of Bristol, England
Nurse, Functional Assessor – Health and Disability Assessments Location: BristolStarting Salary: £38,760 + Comprehensive benefits p...
Full timeBankBristol, City of Bristol, England
Registered Nurse Band 5 interventional Radiology Day case Internal Rotation Registered Nurses are required for one of the UK’s larg...
Full timeBankBristol, City of Bristol, England
9 months fixed term contract or secondment opportunity Band 5 Staff Nurse This is an exciting 9 months fixed term contract or secon...