Bank Staff Nurse - NICU Band 5
Bristol, City of Bristol, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 7 Nov 2019
- 7 Dec 2019
So, you’re eager to learn more about working as a Bank Nurse in the NICU at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Southmead Hospital is a well-established Level 3 unit providing a centre of excellence for babies requiring medical and neurological assessment and treatment
- We have 34 cots, comprising of 8 ITU, 8 HDU and 18 SC, with an additional 10 cots on our Transitional Care Ward. As a regional referral centre, we take patients from 23 week gestation and sick babies from our Network and further afield.
- Focus on high quality care- The MBRRACE document identifies our NICU unit as among the best tertiary centres in the country for the outcomes of extremely premature infants
- Our values mean we are passionate about great care at North Bristol Trust and our patients know our primary focus is to provide ‘Exceptional Healthcare, Personally Delivered’
- An excellent location - the Trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Voted the best city to live in 2017, the city is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe-inspiring street art.
But it’s not just our Trust which is exciting; our Trust Nursing bank is innovative, impressive and inclusive. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- As an NBTextra nurse you can work flexibly to suit your individual circumstances.
- Our NBTeXtra nurses are valued members of our team and have access to exceptional benefits; access to the NHS Pension scheme, free DBS and full training, induction and revalidation support. We also have competitive rates available for shifts Trust wide
- £18.02* per hour – Week Days
- £22.80* per hour - Nights and Saturdays
- £27.57* per hour – Sundays and Bank Holidays
*All rates are inclusive of annual leave allowance
- You will increase your skill set by working with multidisciplinary teams to deliver all aspects of patient care, and you’ll work with consultants, junior doctors, AHPS, You will receive a full, comprehensive induction –2 weeks paid training, with orientation shifts delivered.
- You will receive a full, comprehensive induction –2 weeks paid training, with orientation shifts delivered.
- All NBTextra nurses receive free uniform
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Do you…
- Hold RN (adult or child) or RM (midwifery) registration with current NMC license to practice
- Have recent acute hospital experience within the last 18-24 months Including NICU experience
- Have a drive to work hard, enthusiasm and the ability to commit to a 2 week induction programme if successful
- Have Right to work in UK (with relevant Adaptation/ONP if applicable)
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into (search ApplyBTNursing on Twitter , Facebook , Linkedin and Instagram )
- Contact us to find out more: Apply or Apply
If you apply for this vacancy and have not received a communication from this Trust within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Please note that this Trust does not reimburse travel expenses relating to interview attendance.
If you feel you meet the requirements of the Disability Act / Two Ticks scheme and require further support/advice, please contact us on tel Apply.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant(s) will normally commence at the minimum of the scale unless they have previous NHS service at the same band. Progression through the scale is by annual increments.
Staff identify as 'At Risk' and who meet the essential shortlisting criteria of the post will be prioritised. Priority will be given to North Bristol NHS Trust employees in the first instance.
Please note that North Bristol NHS Trust has an arrangement with a number of organisations (please find a list below) whereby we confidentially share previous pre-employment information relating to your existing job in order to support an efficient recruitment process for candidates when offered a new position with us.
(University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Tru
This job was posted to Intensive care nurse in Bristol, City of Bristol, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankBath, Somerset, England
THIS POST IS AVAILABLE TO ALL APPLICANTS WHO CAN DEMONSTRATE RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION, EDUCATION TO DEGREE LEVEL OR ABILI...