Clinical Skills Trainer
London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 6 Nov 2019
- 20 Nov 2019
Clinical Skills Trainer
Field based South West - London & Surrey
Permanent, Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
Up to £35k & Company Car, Pension, Healthcare, etc.
Are you looking for a new rewarding, challenging and exciting opportunity to utilise your skills and experience, being a role model and making a difference, helping people learn from your expertise?
- As a Clinical Skills Trainer you will be a registered RGN/RMN delivering all aspects of clinical training within our Bupa Care Homes, this is a full time, permanent position offering an excellent benefits package including a company car (Full Driving License is essential for this role).
- You will have the opportunity to design and deliver clinical based training across your portfolio of Care Homes in the London and Surrey area, and really make an impact on the overall quality of care.
- You will manage your own workload as well as possessing excellent planning and organisational skills, time management and the ability to plan your travel effectively.
- You will possess excellent training and communication skills, be able to adapt to different learning environments and keep your learner engaged at all times ensuring sharing of best practice when delivering Clinical training.
- A key part of this role will be building relationships with Home Managers, identifying training needs within the homes and putting training plans in place to meet any short falls.
Please note, extensive travel will be required within this role and on occasions you will be required to stay away from home.
To be successful in this role you will need to be:
- RGN/RMN (currently registered) ideally with 5 years min experience, evidence of CPD.
- Experience of delivering clinical training for a care home provider preferred
- Full Driving Licence
- Hold an appropriate care/training qualification or working towards
- Qualified to degree level an advantage
- Previous experience in designing and delivering clinical training to groups of learners desirable
- I.T. skills including PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well organised with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively and work autonomously
- Previous experience in supervising and assessing learners in a care setting
- Good administrative skills
- Working knowledge of blended learning approaches
We have lots of fantastic benefits to offer:
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- Apply - website for our clinicians that supports learning, promotes CPD and creates an online clinical community
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
- BMJ and Open Athens journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
- Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CPD
- NMC/GDC fees paid after 12 months service
- Practical support with the revalidation process
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Work life balance
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- You're paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Discounts on Bupa products
- Free onsite gym and subsidised staff restaurant-dependent upon location
- Free annual health assessment
- Free annual flu vaccine and eye test
- Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Health line
- Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discounts
- Bupa Boost app
- Cycle2work scheme
- Annual awards ceremony and long service awards
- Paid career breaks