Registered Nurse- Medicine Division (Experienced and Newly Qualifying)
Bristol, City of Bristol, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 6 Nov 2019
- 6 Dec 2019
- Our medicine division has a wide variety of exciting specialties, each with their own unique challenges and rewards. Our specialties include Cardiology, Respiratory, Acute Medicine, Emergency Medicine Infectious Diseases, Gastroenterology, Haematology, Complex Care, Enablement and Complex Assessment.
- Our practice development nurses provide exceptional training and personalised support to our teams. We are proud to have the winner of the Director of Nursing Educator of the Year award 2019 working within Medicine in our Elgar enablement units.
- We have innovative Advanced Practice roles within our nursing teams, including, Emergency Nurse Practitioners in our Emergency department and Advanced Nurse Practitioners in our Complex Assessment Unit, Acute Medical Unit and Hospital at Night teams. We have recently launched an Advanced Clinical Practitioner Degree Apprenticeship in partnership with the University of the West of England to support staff who wish to progress within Advanced Practice.
- We are proud of our vibrant, enthusiastic nurses; from bake offs to boat races, there is always something to be involved with in Marvellous Medicine- check out #MarvellousMedicine on Twitter to see our teams in action
But it’s not just our nursing teams which are impressive; our trust itself is pioneering in its approach to healthcare. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- Our health and well-being initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA
- Our staff don’t shy away from a challenge in aid of Southmead Hospital Charity. They cycle, run, row and race in aid of a fantastic cause, or sing in our staff choir and compete in ‘Southmead Does Strictly’.
- We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke specialty rotations.
- Staff are consulted on equity issues across the trust within their staff equality and development groups, with mentoring and support to succeed. Our trust is supporting the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people
- Our clinical environment is award-winning in its approach to healthcare design; each patient room has a view, many of which are naturally ventilated and 75% of rooms in our Brunel Building are single and en-suite. With nurses in mind, our clinical spine carefully separates staff and patient areas, with a generous staff canteen extending out to a rooftop terrace.
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow)
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Are you…
- An experienced registered nurse working in the hospital setting, eager for your next career move?
- An experienced registered nurse working in a non-acute setting (i.e. nursing home etc) looking for a supportive environment to make the transition into acute care?
- A newly qualified nurse ready to take the leap from theory to the clinical setting, supported by a structure preceptorship and inspirational team?
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Book a place at our engagement events to tour Southmead Hospital, meet the teams you could be working with, and understand the trust’s approach to patient care.
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into life at North Bristol NHS Trust (search ApplyBTNursing on Twitter , Facebook , Linkedin and Instagram )
If you apply for this vacancy and have not received a communication from this Trust within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Please note that this Trust does not reimburse travel expenses relating to interview attendance.
If you feel you meet the requirements of the Disa
This job was posted to Ward nurse in Bristol, City of Bristol, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankBristol, City of Bristol, England
Lime is a dynamic Acute all male ward which has a strong and supportive team working in a progressive environment the team embrace ...
£ 31800 - 42400 Per yearFull timePermanentBatheaston, Bath, Somerset, England
Registered Nurse - Care Home with Amazing benefits!!! Location: Bath, SomersetPosition: Staff Nurse Care Categories: Convalescence...
£ 29500 - 39500 Per yearFull timePermanentBristol, City of Bristol, England
Job Title: Registered Nurse ( RGN / RMN / RNLD ) Nursing Home Location: BristolSalary: £29,500 - £39,500 (£17.25 ...