Senior Ward Nurse
Methley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 5 Nov 2019
- 5 Dec 2019
Spire Methley Park Hospital situated in Methley in South Leeds, has recently completed a 7.6 million refurbishment, which included a new theatre equipped with cutting-edge technology enabling us to carry out complex surgery across a variety of clinical specialties. At Spire Methley Park Hospital caring for our patients is at the heart of what we do. We provide expert medical care in our modern, well-equipped hospital for all of our patients.
Duties and responsibilities
Working within a highly supportive team you will be responsible for assessing patient's health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload on one of our busy surgical wards, assisting in the delivery of care to meet the patient's needs. You provide post-operative care such as wound dressing, IVs and drains. You will be required to deputise, take charge and ensure the ward is running efficiently. You will have the opportunity to develop your own knowledge and skills and that of others whilst promoting best practice in health and safety and security.
Who we're looking for
- Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Have a minimum of 5 years, post-graduation, Hospital and Surgical Ward experience.
- Have been employed in surgical or acute settings
- You will have excellent communication, organisation and provide the best quality of patient care.
- Demonstrate that you can lead a team and deputise the ward manager
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 100 retailers
- Free annual Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Grace Little on Applyor email Apply
This job was posted to Ward nurse in Methley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 25750 - 34500 Per yearFull timePermanentRotherham, South Yorkshire, England
Job Title: Registered Nurse ( RGN / RMN / RNLD ) Nursing Home Location: Rotherham, South YorkshireSalary: £25,700 - £3...
£ 25100 - 33500 Per yearFull timePermanentWoodhouse Mill, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England
Job Title: Registered Nurse ( RGN / RMN / RNLD ) Location: Sheffield, South YorkshireSalary: £25,100 - £33,500 per ann...