Clinical Nurse Manager
City of London, London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- 5 Nov 2019
- 3 Dec 2019
Clinical Nurse Manager
BUPA Basinghall Clinic
£40,000 per year
Full-time - 40 hours per week
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you'll be working in
Basinghall Clinic is Bupa Cromwell Hospital's outpatient diagnostic clinic in the heart of the City of London. We offer a range of services including Orthopaedics, Sports and Exercise Medicine, Physiotherapy, Dermatology, Cardiology, Respiratory and Urology. With 16 consulting rooms, two treatment rooms and an imaging suite consisting of MRI, fluoroscopy and X-ray our patients can access a range of diagnostic and treatment services.
At Basinghall Clinic we're committed to providing a smooth and safe patient journey, led by caring and professional staff.
What you'll be doing
As Clinical Nurse Manager you will support the Centre Manager in the smooth running and operation of the clinic. Taking a lead role in clinical governance for the site you will directly manage a team of OP RNs, HCAs and Cardiology Assistants, and work with a wider team of clinicians including Physiotherapists, MSK Physicians, Radiologists, Orthopaedic Surgeons and pain Consultants to ensure all patients receive the best possible care. In addition to being part of the management team this will also be a hands-on role as you will be expected to provide training for the OP Nurses and will assist with patch testing, dermatology and drug administration.
Who we're looking for?
- Registered Nurse with previous managerial experience
- Degree qualified
- Strong experience working in a busy Outpatients department - preferably in the private sector
- Current understanding of clinical governance, audit and compliance
- Previous experience in outpatients/minor treatment room
- Ability to adopt a flexible and collaborative approach at all times
- Strong communication skills - assertive, articulate and polite
- Excellent team player - approachable, professional and friendly
- IT literate - MS Office suite
* Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
* Bupa Health insurance
* 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years' service
* Option to buy and sell 5 days holiday
* You're paid for all Bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Annual bonus scheme
* Annual pay review
* Discounts on Bupa products
* Discounted gym membership
* Subsidised staff restaurant
* Free health assessment
* Free massage carried out by our in-house therapy team
* Free annual flu vaccine and eye test plus contribution to cost of glasses
* Dry cleaning discounts
* Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Health line
* Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discounts
* Bupa Boost app
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle2work scheme
* Annual awards ceremony and long service awards
* Paid career breaks
What's it like to work here?
As you'll already know, we want people to 'love working here', so much so that's it's at the top of our agenda and something you'll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what's most important to you. We're a healthcare company so there's a huge focus on our people's health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
We're an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone - all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you'd like to learn more, please visit Apply