Scrub Nurse RGN/ODP
Colchester, Essex, England
- £ 26220 - 36000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 23 Sep 2019
- 2 Jan 2020
£26,220 to £36,000 per annum (equates to NHS Band 5/6) | 37.5 hours | Days or Nights | Great Benefits | Experience Essential
A leading Colchester hospital currently requires a Theatre Nurse/RGN or Theatre Practitioner/ODP with a background in Scrub to join their Theatres Team.
Details of this Theatre Scrub Nurse/ODP position and what the hospital has to offer are as follows:
• 37.5 hours per week on a permanent basis
• Day or night shifts
• Depending on experience, an annual salary in the region of £26,220 to £36,000 (equates to NHS Band 5/6)
• 33 days annual leave which increases with service length
• Free on-site parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
• A range of training, development and career development opportunities
• Childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes
• Some great retail, leisure and lifestyle discounts
• Free uniforms
• A private pension scheme and life assurance
• Staff assistance and support programmes
• A range of programmes to support staff wellbeing, including company sick pay and private healthcare schemes
As Theatre Scrub Nurse/ODP, you will work with patients undergoing a variety of surgical procedures including general surgery, orthopaedics, gynaecology, ophthalmic, plastics and endoscopy. You will contribute to the delivery of a safe and effective clinical service which meets and exceeds both regulatory requirements and customer expectations.
Applicants for this Theatre Scrub Nurse/ODP position should meet the following person specification:
• Adult General Nurse/RGN with Level 1 NMC registration or Theatre Practitioner/ODP with HCPC registration
• Demonstrable post registration experience in a theatre environment with scrub skills
• Ideally experienced in a wide range of procedures, with a varied patient mix
• Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills and work well in a team
• Have successfully completed an Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification and a recognised mentorship qualification or be willing to undertake these
To apply now or for further details, please follow the link below.
Alternatively, please call Lee Hutchinson at SYK Recruitment now on Apply.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.