Specialist Community Public Health Nurse 5-19
Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, England
- £ 30401 - 37267 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 13 Sep 2019
- 13 Oct 2019
We provide a range of health services for adults and children who live across Hertfordshire.
Our services are vast and range from school nursing and health visiting for children and young people, to district nurses, diabetes services, rehabilitation in community hospitals, as well as other specialist services for adults and children.
Our Trust provides a wide range of care in people's homes, children's centres, local health centres and in its community hospitals. We employ around 3,000 members of staff who are at the forefront of NHS care and support.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity and encourage applications from candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. We support staff to achieve a better work-life balance through a variety of flexible working arrangements. All applicants who have a disability and meet the minimum 'essential' criteria for the post as detailed in the person specification will be interviewed.
We are committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our Trust Values underpin the work we do each day, and we welcome applicants who share the same values.
Are you a qualified Specialist Community Public Health Nurse - School Nursing, looking for a position to fulfil your Public Health role?
This post is also suitable to SCPHN School nursing students due to qualify in September as we are able to offer a comprehensive preceptorship programme. We would also consider staff that have completed a Public Health Nursing qualification who have an interest in or previous experience of school nursing.
- Is committed to delivering a high quality service to our children and families as an integrated model with Family Support Services
- Works with individual children and young people on developing local public health plans with schools and the wider community
- Is an innovative service that embraces the use of technology
- Delivers the Healthy Child Programme by using an electronic health needs assessment process to identify individuals requiring early intervention pathways
- Uses Chat health text messaging service
- Has implemented two health websites for use by children, young people, families & professionals.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a confident, independent practitioner
- Be a skilled team player and able to lead a skill mix team
- Have excellent communication skills to use with a variety of clients, professionals & staff
- Have experience of electronic record keeping (this would be an advantage although full training will be given)
- Have a full valid driving licence and access to a car to use for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).
In return we can offer you:
- access to a wide range of training opportunities including development of leadership skills
- restorative, management and safeguarding supervision
- high cost area supplement of 5% of basic salary subject to a minimum payment of £1,017 and a maximum payment of £1,762 per annum (pro rata where applicable)
- generous contributory pension
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- Special Leave for family and personal reasons
- NHS Car Lease Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Discounts
Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust is an innovative, caring and agile organisation.
Informal visits are welcome to meet our friendly team!
For further details / informal visits contact:
Team Leader for School Health in Hertsmere, 3 Rivers & Watford
This job was posted to Community nurse in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 24000 - 30000 Per yearFull timePermanentEpping, Essex, England
We're currently recruiting for Respiratory Nurse Advisors for a large, reputable private healthcare provider based across the UK. I...