Senior Staff Nurse – Oncology
London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 13 Sep 2019
- 13 Oct 2019
Senior Staff Nurse - Oncology
- As a Senior Staff Nurse working within Oncology, you will be providing care for Oncology patients from diagnosis, collaborative treatment planning, chronic pain control, to integration into the community and end of life care.
- This rewarding and yet challenging role allows empathetic and caring nursing to utilise the full range of nursing skills from diagnosis support, patient and relative education, administering chemotherapy and treating all illness related symptoms, medically, physically, emotionally and mentally.
Work Hours: 37.5 Hours per Week on internal rotation to include days, nights and weekends.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Act as a clinical role model for all members of staff and demonstrate good clinical practice at all times
- Work well within a team, supervising, coaching and developing junior cancer services staff and deputising for the Senior Nursing team when necessary
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives.
- Promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care and the services offered within our Oncology unit
- Registered General Nurse with valid NMC pin
- Substantial post registration experience with an oncology setting or similar
- Mentorship and Preceptorship experience, and a desire to work towards an ENB 998 certificate
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills
We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 24.5 hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 27936 - 34628 Per yearFull timePermanentCarshalton, Greater London, England
"At Epsom and St Helier Hospitals, above all we value respect. We put respect at the heart of all we do, by living up to our shared...