Washington, Tyne and Wear, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 13 Sep 2019
- 13 Oct 2019
Spire Washington is a 35 in-patient bedded hospital with 10 consultation and 2 treatment rooms based just off junction 63 of the A1 with great commuter links.
The hospital offers a range of services and facilities including four operating theatres covering specialities including Orthopaedics and Gynaecology and a full Diagnostic suite.
Duties and responsibilities
Maximising theatre utilisation, consultant compliance and maintaining clinical standards, the post-holder will provide strong leadership and direction to all staff across the service and act as a point of contact for advice and expertise relating to professional issues.
The Theatre Manager will provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-operative and immediate recovery phase of care by ensuring all departmental staff members deliver high quality patient care, ensuring this is achieved within the available resources and agreed departmental budget.
Who we're looking for
- Registered Clinical Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Relevant post-registration Theatre/Anaesthetic qualification
- Evidence of substantial CPD in management and other clinically related and relevant subjects
- Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner within a Theatre Environment
- Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead the department
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Lisa O'Connor on Applyor email lisa.o' Apply
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
This job was posted to Theatre nurse in Washington, Tyne and Wear, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 30000 Per yearFull timeBankDarlington, Durham, England
Theatre Practitioner/ Senior Theatre Practitioner - Scrub Nurse, Anaesthetic & Recovery ODP / RGN Darlington £30,000- £...
£ 30000 Per yearFull timeBankChertsey, Surrey, England
Theatre Practitioner/ Senior Theatre Practitioner - Scrub Nurse, Anaesthetic & Recovery ODP / RGN Chertsey £30,000- £37...