Staff Nurse - Band 5 (Golden Hello included)
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, England
- £ 24214 - 30112 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 12 Sep 2019
- 12 Oct 2019
We provide a range of health services for adults and children who live across Hertfordshire.
Our services are vast and range from school nursing and health visiting for children and young people, to district nurses, diabetes services, rehabilitation in community hospitals, as well as other specialist services for adults and children.
Our Trust provides a wide range of care in people's homes, children's centres, local health centres and in its community hospitals. We employ around 3,000 members of staff who are at the forefront of NHS care and support.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity and encourage applications from candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. We support staff to achieve a better work-life balance through a variety of flexible working arrangements. All applicants who have a disability and meet the minimum 'essential' criteria for the post as detailed in the person specification will be interviewed.
We are committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our Trust Values underpin the work we do each day, and we welcome applicants who share the same values.
Our friendly and supportive teams in our Inpatients Units are recruiting to band 5 Staff nurse positions. The Bishops Strotford post attracts a Golden Hello of £2,500.
The Inpatients Units are:
Queen Victoria Memorial (QVM) Hospital in Welwyn, AL6 9PW
Herts & Essex Hospital in Bishops Stortford, CM23 5JH
The units caters for adults 18+ who require rehabilitation following illness, surgery etc. There is a well established multidisciplinary team of nurses and therapists who work closely together to enable the patients to reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will:
- have NMC registration
- have experience in providing excellent patient focused care
- work in a friendly and supportive environment
- be encouraged to progress their career development
- be able to work shifts covering 24 hours per day within a two shift pattern, 7 days a week, including public holidays
- have a full valid driving licence and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is desirable (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).
- In addition to the basic salary, this post attracts a High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of basic salary subject to a minimum payment of £1,017 and a maximum payment of £1,762 per annum (pro rata where applicable).
- One off payment of £2500 (pro rata), payable after 12 months in post (not applicable in Welwyn)
- Generous contributory pension
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- Special Leave for family and personal reasons
- NHS Car Lease Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Discounts
Hertfordshire came top in the uSwitch Better Family Life Index 2016, we were voted the best county to raise a family.
Please state your preferred location in your application form.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Lenie Elevado, Ward Manager, QVM Hospital, Welwyn
Liesa Seifert, Ward Manager, Herts & Essex Hospital, Bishops Stortford
This job was posted to Ward nurse in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 35000 - 44900 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Registered Nurse (RGN/ RMN/ RNLD)- Nursing HomeLocation: Outskirts of Sevenoaks, KentSalary: £33,000 - £44,900 per annu...
£ 29100 - 38800 Per yearFull timePermanentStevenage, Hertfordshire, England
Staff Nurse ( RGN or RMN or RNLD ) - Nursing Home Location: Stevenage, HertfordshireCare Categories: Nursing, Nursing Dementia and...