Staff Nurse - Pre-Assessment
Hove, East Sussex, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 12 Sep 2019
- 12 Oct 2019
The Spire Montefiore Hospital in Hove is rated "Outstanding" by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We practice some of the most advanced treatments on the latest generation imaging, and diagnostic technology. This means we can offer everything from screening and rehabilitation through to leading-edge surgical procedures and excellence in specialist fields like orthopaedics, cardiology and general surgery all delivered through our expert and caring clinical team. The hospital is well positioned to maximise the excellent local public transport. There are buses that stop in the vicinity and is also walking distance of both Hove and Brighton train station
Duties and responsibilities
- The successful nurse will pre-assess all planned surgical patients and work within the inpatient and day care units
- You will review and interpret patient questionnaires to provide the appropriate assessment and manage an individual caseload
- You will be expected to run your own clinics
- Present information to patients and communicate and build solid working relationships with consultants
Who we're looking for
- Current NMC registration
- Experience working in pre-assessment or a surgical environment
- ECG and Phlebotomy trained
- Ideally hold the Pre-Assessment qualification
- Competence across a range of nursing skills
- Experience of working in teams with minimum supervision
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please email Apply
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 41000 - 43000 Per yearFull timePermanentBrighton, East Sussex, England
Health and disability assessment role - Disability Analyst in Brighton Location: Brighton Salary: £41,000 rising to £43,000pa Exper...
£ 28000 - 33000 Per yearFull timePermanentDorking, Surrey, England
Staff Nurse ( RMN / RNLD / RGN ) - Rehabilitation Hospital - £1,500 welcome bonus Location: Dorking, SurreySalary: £28...
£ 34000 - 45500 Per yearFull timePermanentLeatherhead, Surrey, England
Registered Nurse (RGN / RMN / RNLD) - Nursing Home Location: Leatherhead, SurreySalary: £34,000- £45,500 per annum (&p...
£ 37500 Per yearFull timePermanentHorsham, West Sussex, England
Job Title: Registered Nurse ( RGN / RMN / RNLD) - Nursing HomeService Type: Learning Disability - Physical Disability - Younger Adu...