Home Manager - Nurse Qualified
Stafford, Staffordshire, England
- £ 40000 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- 12 Sep 2019
- 10 Oct 2019
Home Manager - Nurse Qualified - Nursing Home - Old Age and Physical Disability - Stafford - £40,000 per annum
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm or 8am - 4pm (Flexible Hours)
Medium Sized Home
Liquid Healthcare are now working with an excellent healthcare provider who have a great reputation. We are looking for an experienced Senior Nurse/Deputy Manager who's looking for the next step in their career or a Home Manager who's looking for a new role. You must be nurse qualified for this position.
The home itself has just over 40 beds and has almost full occupancy, it has a family feel to it and there's excellent reviews online about how happy the patients/residents are because they always feel safe and at home.
Commutable from Stoke on Trent, Wolverhampton, Wallsall, Stafford, Burton Upon Trent, Shresbury and Telford.
Key responsibilities as a Home Manager:
- To manage the day-to-day running of all aspects of the home including; the standards and quality of care, recruitment and training issues, communication with the team, the premises of the Care Home and financial matters.
- To recognise and assess individuals' needs, involving relevant professional agencies and relatives where needed, in order to formulate personalised care plans for each individual.
- To provide the highest level of personal care and attention to residents following individual care plans carefully and ensuring all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with statutory and legal requirements relevant throughout the home, including HACCP, COSHH, Health and Safety, all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- To monitor the effective running of the home ensuring all legislation and regulations concerning environmental health, infection control, building control, planning and health and safety are met and all risk assessments are regularly carried out (including fire checks) to meet the high standards expected in the Care Home.
As A Home Manager you will have:
- Experience working in a caring environment (preferably within care of older people)
- Supervisory management experience
- Nursing qualification (RGN, RMN or RNLD) and NMC PIN
- Control and management of budgets and accounts
- Knowledge of the principles in sales and marketing of a Nursing Home
- Skilled in the recruitment, selection and retention of staff
- Committed to a structured approach to training and development of staff
- Understanding of the Health & Social Care Act and Health & Safety legislation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional, confident and warm personality
- Have a caring disposition
- Leadership qualities, enthusiasm along with influencing and motivational skills.
- Reliable and punctual
- Willing and able to provide an out of hours 'on call' service
- The legal right to work in the UK