Health & Disability Assessor - Motherwell
Motherwell, North Lanarkshire, Scotland
- £ 32000 - 34000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
- 11 Sep 2019
- 9 Oct 2019
Health and disability assessment role - Disability Analyst in Motherwell
Salary: £32,000 rising to £34,000
Experienced Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Paramedics required
We are recruiting for registered Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists (OTs) and Paramedics who want to use their clinical skills applied in a new way and benefit from the excellent work life balance and professional development that a career as a Disability Analyst can give you. We are seeking those who have been working for 2 years' post-qualification and registration in the UK who possess a UK driving licence.
In this role you will grow your medical knowledge and work in a health and disability assessment role conducting appointments with applicants of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) benefit. There is unrivalled investment in you as an employee and you will earn over 140 hours of CPD in your initial 3 months whilst completing an excellent training academy as you work towards accreditation as a Disability Analyst. All of this goes towards the revalidation support and processes which keep our clinicians at the top of their game!
* Conducting thorough and consultative verbal assessments with people who are living with a long term health condition and/or disabilities
* Once accredited, following training you will work in the community conducting home visits as well as in the local assessment centres
* Ensuring that your part in the assessment process is positive, dignified and professional
* produce excellent written reports on the conditions presented to help the Department for Work and Pensions to make an informed decision around an individual's entitlement to the benefit
We are advertising health and disability assessment jobs for the below specialities:
* NMC Registered Nurses (RGN, RMN or RNLD)
* HCPC Registered Physiotherapist
* HCPC Registered Occupational Therapist (OT)
* HCPC Registered Paramedic
Government legislation requires at least two years' post qualification work experience to be able to start in the role.
* Roles outside of London require a driving licence owing to home visits which are a requirement in all roles
* 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell up to 10 days
* Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
* Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
* Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
* Health screening every two years, after one year's service
* Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration
* All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme and more.
To apply or find out further information please contact Merco who are experts in clinical staffing with clients in NHS and independent sectors nationwid
This job was posted to Community nurse, Nurse assessor, Ward nurse in Motherwell, North Lanarkshire, Scotland
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 26500 - 35300 Per yearFull timePermanentIrvine, North Ayrshire, Scotland
Registered Nurse - Care Home with Amazing benefits!!!Location: Irvine, AyrshirePosition: Staff Nurse Care Categories: Dementia, Old...
£ 38760 - 40800 Per yearFull timePermanentGlasgow, Glasgow City, Scotland
Would you like to earn £38,760pa working Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm only? Are you a HCPC registered Physiotherapist? Do you have a...
£ 27000 - 36000 Per yearFull timePermanentBathgate, West Lothian, Scotland
Job Title: Staff Nurse ( RGN / RMN / RNLD ) - Elderly and Dementia Care Home Location: Bathgate, near to LivingstonSalary: £...
£ 26500 - 33500 Per yearFull timePermanentStirling, Stirling, Scotland
Staff Nurse ( RGN or RMN or RNLD ) - Nursing Home Location: Stirling, StirlingshireCare Categories: Nursing, Dementia Care, Challe...