Occupational Health Technician
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
- £ 22000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified
- 10 Sep 2019
- 10 Mar 2020
Occupational Health Technician, UK, F/T, £22K
I am working with an OH provider to source an Occupational Health Technician to join their expanding peripatetic team.
The successful applicant will be required to travel across the whole of the UK, driving a Mobile Medical Unit (MMU) to client sites in order to deliver health surveillance services. My client would consider candidates based anywhere within the UK but are ideally seeking candidates in locations with good road transport links.
• Undertake health surveillance screening, including audiometry, lung function testing, drug and alcohol testing.
• To undertake health screening procedures, including general baseline measurements such as height, weight, blood pressure, urinalysis.
• To ensure all medical information is accurately recorded in the occupational health records and passed to the relevant clinical staff.
• To ensure all equipment is serviceable, clean and fit for purpose.
• Sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English.
• The ability to work autonomously with support from line management and others within the team.
• Possess solid IT skills.
• Be able to prioritise own workload and manage own time effectively, self-motivated and capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines.
• Understand the requirement for patient confidentiality, ensuring all patients are treated with respect, dignity and privacy.
• Demonstrate a strong customer service focus and approachability when holding assessments.
Who should apply?
There is no recognised professional qualification for this role however suitable backgrounds include:
• Health Care Assistant.
• Military Medic.
• Offshore Medic Knowledge and experience of working in occupational health.
The successful applicant must have the facility to park the unit at or near their home address overnight and be comfortable with the long-distance travel required for the role.
This is a full-time role where the successful applicant will work 37.5 hours per week. Weekly overnight stays will be required as part of the role.
Up to £22,000 per annum
25 Days Annual Leave, Health Cashback Plan, Perkbox.