Bridgend, Bridgend (Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr), Wales
- £ 28,512 - 33,792 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 17 Sep 2019
- 22 Sep 2019
We are recruiting for a Registered General Nurse, Registered Mental Health Nurse or Registered Nurse in Learning Disability based within Prison Healthcare in Bridgend.
Our Client is looking for a registered nurse to join their dedicated and enthusiastic nurse-led 24/7 Primary Care service. This secure site holds approximately 1800 men and boys, predominantly serving sentences of two years or more.
The environment in which we work is challenging and unique and they are looking for resilient and flexible individuals to help deliver a service that equals the level of care that you would expect to receive in the community.
The positions available are as follows;
RGN, RMN or RNLD – 3 long days per week 07.00 – 20.00 with weekend and occasional night duty rotation.
To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Part 1 NMC registration
• Experience of working within a team
• Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
• Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
• Able to work within challenging and complex situations
• Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
• Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
Successful applicants can expect to attend a Prison Awareness Training course, following by a six week induction programme and regular access to relevant training and support from management. In addition to this all nurses will be required to attend weekly full staff meetings and daily verbal handover whilst on shift.
Benefits as a Nurse:
• £28,512 to £33,792 per annum.
• Company pension scheme with employer contributions
• Life assurance
• Employee discount scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 - 10 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting.
For further information please call Maxine on 01387 371203 or alternatively forward your CV for consideration.