Community Mental Health Nurse
Canterbury, Kent, England
- £ 30401 - 37267 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 15 Aug 2019
- 14 Sep 2019
It's an exciting time to join us: KMPT has been rated Outstanding for Caring and Good overall in our most recent CQC inspection in January 2019!
Canterbury and Coastal Community Mental Health Team is a diverse multi- cultural team that is looking to recruit a Mental Health Nurse to work within the team, providing specialist mental health care for people with multiple and complex needs that require intensive support.
As part of KMPT's attraction package, we currently offer a New Hire Bonus of up to £1200 for registered nursing staff joining in a band 5 or 6 Front Line nursing role with direct patient care
Our service focuses on promoting recovery for those people diagnosed with severe and enduring mental ill health. We provide comprehensive multi-disciplinary services and work closely with local specialist mental health teams, tertiary service providers, primary care, local statutory and non-statutory agencies, service users & carers.
What we offer:
- Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) Training
- Engagement and running the STEPPS (System Training for Emotional Predictability and Problem Solving) Group
- Working within the Structured Clinical Model for patients with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder
- Participation in groups with Psychology and Occupational Therapy
- Opportunities to run groups
- Preceptorship for new qualified staff
- Leadership Modules to develop in senior roles
- Mentorship and Supervision
- Opportunities to work in Primary Care Mental Health Service
What you can expect once you join the team:
- Monthly supervision (clinical and managerial)
- Reflective Group to discuss complex cases and share learning
- MDT Risk Forum to discuss complex cases with high risks
- Mandatory Training
- Support with your caseload via the POD Model
- Clinical Review of caseload with Consultant Psychiatrist and Team Leader
- Structured Clinical Management Group support
- Admin support
- Peer Support
- Free Parking
Benefits of working for Kent & Medway NHS Partnership Trust include:
• 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, with an increase to 33 days with continuous service
• NHS Discount across a wide range of shops, restaurants and retailers
• Lease Car scheme
• Competitive pension scheme.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Mental Health Professional. You will have a strong sense of initiative and an excellent team working ability.
Effective communication skills and self-governance are required. You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of high level interventions & community assessment skills. Existing qualifications or a willingness to undertake training relevant to the post is expected.
This post offers an excellent opportunity to work in an interesting and developing service environment. You will be offered considerable opportunities for training and professional development.
This post is subject to a six month probationary period for candidates external to the Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust.
Employment in this post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
To deliver an effective service it is essential that you are able to travel between bases in a timely manner.
As part of the Band 6 Nursing team you will be required to attain a mentoring qualification.
In the winter of 2017, we launched our new and exciting Nursing Strategy, which is attached here for your reference. Our strategy will support our registered and unregistered nursing staff to provide the best care possible to our patients and their families, whilst enjoying a long and supportive career with us here at KMPT.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Yvonne Brown - Operational Team Manager - Apply
Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership Trust - 12 jobs https://www.nurses.co.uk/jobs/nursing/kent--and--medway-nhs--and--social-care-partnership-trust/ https://www.nurses.co.uk/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/a7198e01-a56e-425d-95b2-41ef36212fbd131511744792212286.jpg
This job was posted to Community mental health nurse in Canterbury, Kent, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 35000 - 37000 Per yearFull timePermanentIpswich, Suffolk, England
Health and disability assessment role - Disability Analyst in IpswichLocation: IpswichSalary: £35,000 - £37,000Experienced Nurses (...