Registered Nurse- Neurosurgery (Experienced and Newly Qualifying)
Bristol, City of Bristol, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 14 Aug 2019
- 13 Sep 2019
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
So, you’re eager to learn more about neurosurgery nursing opportunities at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
- We’re based at Southmead, Bristol’s flagship hospital; our neurosurgery unit offers three state-of-the-art neurosurgical theatres, with one theatre dedicated to emergency procedures. Our team features 13 highly-specialised consultants, who were the first in the UK to adopt software-based integrated theatres in which data and images are called up at the touch of a screen.
- As a tertiary referral centre, we provide adult neurosurgical care for patients across Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Bristol. We carry out over 3500 procedures annually, 50% of which feature emergency admissions, and deliver complex procedures such as epilepsy, pituitary, spinal and cranial surgeries.
- We’re home to the Bristol Neurological and Spinal Unit, which holds a unique position as the only centre in the South West to provide both paediatric and adult care, with on-site neurosurgical, orthopaedic and interventional radiology specialists. Our research unit holds a strong reputation for research, actively developing motion preserving spinal technologies and image-guided spinal surgery.
- Within our bespoke rotations, experienced nurses not only have the chance to move across clinical specialties, but have the opportunity to complete University accredited specialist courses and undertake qualifications to climb through the bands. Whilst newly qualified nurses are given a structured preceptorship, dedicated support from practice facilitators, senior nurses, and a learning and development team, helping them to achieve their full potential.
But it’s not just our neurosurgery service which is impressive; our trust itself is pioneering in its approach to healthcare. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- Our health and wellbeing initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA.
- Our nurses don’t shy away from a challenge in aid of Southmead Hospital Charity. They cycle, run, row and race in aid of a fantastic cause, or sing in our staff choir and compete in ‘Southmead Does Strictly’.
- We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke specialty rotations. We also support internal transfers for those who wish to gain experience in a new specialty or further develop their skills.
- Staff are consulted on equity issues across the trust within their staff equality and development groups, with mentoring and support to succeed. Our trust is supporting the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people.
- Our clinical environment is award-winning in its approach to healthcare design; each patient room has a view, many of which are naturally ventilated and 75% of rooms in our Brunel Building are single and en-suite. With nurses in mind, our clinical spine carefully separates staff and patient areas, with a generous staff canteen extending out to a rooftop terrace.
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales.
Right, that’s enough about us. Let’s focus on you. Are you…
- A registered nurse eager to channel your experience into a new and exciting role?
- A newly qualified ready to take the leap from theory to the clinical setting, supported by a structured preceptorship and an inspirational team?
- An experienced neurosurgery nurse with the passion and talent to progress clinically and professionally?
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert.
- Book a place at our engageme
This job was posted to Ward nurse in Bristol, City of Bristol, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 24214 - 24214 Per yearFull timePermanentBristol, City of Bristol, England
Lime is a dynamic Acute all male ward which has a strong and supportive team working in a progressive environment the team embrace ...
Full timeBankBristol, City of Bristol, England
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via the NHS Jobs website or via email. This incl...
£ 31700 - 42300 Per yearFull timePermanentBath, Somerset, England
Registered Nurse - Care Home with Amazing benefits!!! Location: Bath, WiltshirePosition: Staff Nurse Care Categories: Dementia and...
Full timeBankBristol, City of Bristol, England
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country and the major teaching and rese...