Health & Disability Assessor - Registered General Nurse
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
- £ 23.50 - 27.50 Per hour
- Full time, Part time
- Contract, Temporary
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 13 Aug 2019
- 13 Sep 2019
The Department for Work and Pensions has an exclusive contract with APM to source highly adaptable nurses (must be RGN's) to work in their Birmingham Assessment Centre. Please note this is NOT a role with Maximus / CHDA nor with Capita.
The core function of the role is conduct face to face work capability assessments to help determine the individual's eligibility to receive Employment Support Allowance. You will undergo full training on how to do this and continue to receive support whenever needed during the full duration of the contract which runs until December 2020. (Please note - there is no requirement to do home visits)
The key perks of the role are:
1. No shift work - your hours are 9-5 Monday to Friday
2. An excellent hourly rate (between £23.60 - £27.60 per hour) and contract longevity
3. An 18-day training programme during which you receive full pay and which counts towards your CPD
4. Quarterly and annual bonuses
5. Located five minutes from Birmingham Five Ways train station and there is free on-site parking
6. Flexibility - part-time work is on offer, minimum 3 days a week.
To be eligible for this role, you must have current RGN membership with the NMC, a minimum of 2 years post NMC nurse experience, excellent communication skills and a real desire to learn a new skill utilising your nursing experience in a fresh and challenging way.
The roles will start on October 7th, and you must be able to attend the full duration of the 18 day training course. Send your application today and we will be in touch within 48 hours
Ref: Oct intake
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 33600 - 44900 Per yearFull timePermanentSolihull, West Midlands, England
Registered Nurse - Care Home with Amazing benefits!!! Location: Birmingham, West MidlandsPosition: Staff Nurse Care Categories: De...