Community Psychiatric Nurse
Guildford, Surrey, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 13 Aug 2019
- 13 Sep 2019
Are you looking for a long-term placement at a trust rated ‘Good’ in a recent CQC report? Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SABP) has 140 specialist services working with people with mental health problems, learning disabilities, and substance misuse issues, SABP employ 2,300 staff at 44 sites across Surrey and North East Hampshire.
SABP are an innovative and award-winning Trust with a vibrant culture of research, Quality Improvement and education. The Trust are reviewing the way they deliver mental health services and have an ambitious plan to transform care.
Are you a CPN ready to help transform Mental Health Services?
We are seeking Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurses (CPN) to work within homes, clinics and community hospitals, all part of a community mental health teams across Surrey & Borders. There are a number of diverse services ranging from adult (18-65) and older adults (65+). You will get the opportunity to get a solid experience in an environment that supports your development.
Joining the staff Bank
In return for your hard work and your professional, caring and reliable service you will have access to the following benefits:
• Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
• First choice of shifts at your Trust – Access to shifts before they are available to agency
• Flexible working to suit your lifestyle – Take control of when you want to work.
• Work this week, get paid next week.
• Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
• Book and manage your shifts on the go – Access shifts anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
• Support when you need it – 24/7 365 days – Call us anytime on 03332 407 552
• Stakeholder pension scheme
NHS Professionals Staff Bank
If a hospital cannot supply staff on a ward or area, due to increased demand, sickness, or common staff shortages, they need to call upon Bank staff. NHS Professionals works with trusts to develop ‘bank’ of highly skilled workers who want to work flexibly with the NHS.
Working through a staff bank helps a trust reduce their reliance on expensive agencies helping their spend go back into healthcare. Right now, we have over 126,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities all saving the NHS over £70 million per year which is reinvested back into each client trust.
Skills / Responsibilities
To apply for this post, you will have the following:
• Delivery of a high-quality service, working both independently and as part of a well-established team.
• You should be a good team player, preferably have experience and an interest in community work, and if possible, experience of working within adult or older people’s service.
• You will engage, assess and formulate appropriate plans of care for service users, coordinate their care and signpost to other services as appropriate, as well as being a good communicator who can maintain good working relationships.
• Each Community Psychiatric Nurse will be required to hold care co-ordinator responsibility for a number of service users
In return you will have a fulfilling and varied role within a friendly and supportive team. You will receive active management support and opportunities for personal and professional development.
• Current Professional Qualification in Mental Health Nursing with a live NMC registration
• 6 months experience in community Mental Health
• Able to build constructive relationships with clients and carers using warmth and empathy, using good communication skills.
Join today …
Register with us today for Bank membership and look forward to a choice of flexible work and long-term placements opportunities, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in some of the most prestigious NHS trusts in England.
Please note that you will be contacted via email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. Please note that you will be contacted via email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails regularly.