Paediatric Agency Nurse
London, Greater London, England
- £ 30000 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager)
- 12 Aug 2019
- 9 Sep 2019
Our client is a general hospital, based in London. The hospital provides a full range of services including paediatric, maxillofacial, orthopaedics, neurology, cardiology, elderly care and medicine.
The role requires assisting paediatricians and other medical specialists in the diagnosis, observation, testing and treatment of young patients across the full cycle of paediatric healthcare.
We are recruiting for Agency Paediatric Nurses.
Ongoing work - up to 4 12-hour shifts a week available - days and nights.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assessing and planning nursing care requirements
- Preparing and providing care for patients pre and post operations and procedures
- Monitoring and administering medication, injections and intravenous infusions and treating wounds
- Assess, observe and report on the condition of patients
- Record pulse, temperature and respiration and keep accurate records of these observations
- Administer medication and injections
- Assist with tests and evaluations
- Respond quickly to emergencies
- Explain treatment and procedures to parents/carers
- Support, advise and educate patients and close relatives
- Observe strict hygiene and safety rules and ensure that visitors also observe any rules on the ward or unit
- Write reports and update records before completing a shift
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 6 months experience - Paeds HDU/ Acute Medical
- Full NMC
- Hold a valid DBS certificate
- Right to work in the UK
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Respect, empathy and sensitivity when dealing with patients and their families
- Have excellent communication, written and observational skills
- Flexibility in dealing with a range of patients at one time
- Team-working skills
- Organisational skills, to manage your time and workload effectively
- Emotional resilience and stamina to deal with patients under difficult circumstances
- Attractive rates of pay
- Shifts - days/ nights/ bank holidays
If interested in this role, please get in touch via contact details provided or click 'apply' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.