Registered Nurse- Interventional Radiology- band 5
Bristol, City of Bristol, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 10 Aug 2019
- 9 Sep 2019
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
So, you’re eager to learn more about Interventional Radiology Nursing opportunities at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
- Our Interventional Radiology department supports the Major Trauma centre for the South West Region and is a specialist regional centre for a number of services, including Vascular, renal, urology, gastro enterology , musculo Skeletal; neuroradiology including the stroke thrombectomy service . At North Bristol Trust, we are proud to offer all our Interventional Radiology Nurses access to development opportunities.
- Our multidisciplinary team receive personalised support from a variety of sources including Radiologists, Radiographers, Senior Staff and external trainers providing bespoke training programmes and development days for staff.
- We work closely with the day case unit and the wards, supporting patients during admission, pre-op ; intra & post operatively within our Interventional Radiology Department to enhance patient experience
- But it’s not just our Interventional Radiology Department which is impressive; our Trust itself is pioneering in its approach to healthcare. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- Our health and well-being initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA
- Our staff don’t shy away from a challenge in aid of Southmead Hospital Charity. They cycle, run, row and race in aid of a fantastic cause, or sing in our staff choir and compete in ‘Southmead Does Strictly’.
- We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke specialty rotations.
- Staff are consulted on equity issues across the trust within their staff equality and development groups, with mentoring and support to succeed. Our trust is supporting the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people.
- Our clinical environment is award-winning in its approach to healthcare design; each patient room has a view, many of which are naturally ventilated and 75% of rooms in our Brunel Building are single and en-suite. With nurses in mind, our clinical spine carefully separates staff and patient areas, with a generous staff canteen extending out to a rooftop terrace.
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow)
- Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Are you…
- An experienced nurse working in acute hospital setting with NMC registration, looking for a new challenge?
- An experienced nurse with no previous radiology experience interested in beginning a new chapter in your career?
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Book a place at our engagement events to tour Southmead Hospital, meet the teams you could be working with, and understand the trust’s approach to patient care.
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into life at North Bristol NHS Trust (search ApplyBTNursing on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram)
For further details / informal visits contact:
The following is applicable for ‘At Risk’ employees, who must meet the essential shortlisting criteria to be eligible for interview.
Those from within North Bristol NHS Trust who apply for this role will be considered for shortlisting in the first instance.
Those from within the BNSSG (Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire) who apply for this role will be considered
This job was posted to Ward nurse in Bristol, City of Bristol, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 32994 - 36211 Per yearFull timePermanentBristol, City of Bristol, England
Senior Staff Nurse ( RGN / RMN / RNLD ) - Brain Injury and Rehab Service Service type: Specialist Brain Injury Rehab CentreLocatio...
£ 29500 - 39500 Per yearFull timePermanentBristol, City of Bristol, England
Job Title: Registered Nurse ( RGN / RMN / RNLD ) Nursing Home Location: BristolSalary: £29,500 - £39,500 (£17.25 ...