Independent Nurse Prescriber
Swansea, Swansea (Abertawe), Wales
- £ 35000 - 35000 Per year
- Full time, Part time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 16 Mar 2020
- 10 Apr 2020
Who are we?
The Slimming Clinic is the UK’s largest group of medical weight management clinics. Over 34 years, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people to lose weight, improve their lifestyle and health, and gain confidence. We offer medically supervised weight loss programmes to patients, led by experienced doctors and supportive clinic teams. The Slimming Clinic is in a period of huge growth and development, opening brand new clinics and introducing new practitioners to deliver a holistic weight loss service including nurses, dieticians, movement coaches and counsellors.
We aim to provide a safe, effective and complete weight loss service across the whole of the UK, and we are looking to recruit the best candidates to deliver our gold standard vision to our patients.
Why work for The Slimming Clinic?
• Our clinic teams support patients through their weight loss journey, and being part of such a positive, transformative change is incredibly rewarding. We are changing lives for the better and that satisfaction of achievement is shared between our patients and our medical teams.
• We are a rapidly developing company, opening brand new clinics across the UK and implementing exciting new plans. You have the opportunity to be part of that company development from the very beginning.
• We provide generous compensation, great benefits, fantastic training and a supportive company structure to ensure you are set up to succeed and enjoy every day.
What is the Independent Nurse Prescriber role?
We’re looking for an engaged, enthusiastic, qualified Independent Nurse Prescriber to deliver our vision and strategy in our Swansea clinics who have an interest in weight management and health promotion.
• Run a daily clinic of patient consultations to monitor and support their weight loss management.
• Perform basic clinical examination and lifestyle assessment of patient.
• Deliver dietary and activity advice to patients.
• Motivate patients to make lifelong changes to aid prevention or management of disease.
• Work alongside a team of doctors, dieticians, movement coaches and the clinic manager to deliver outstanding patient care.
• Take part in multi-disciplinary meetings regarding patients care and progress.
• Keep up to date with professional research and share best practices with the team to support the company ethos and continued professional development.
• Attend all compulsory training, CPD and standardisation events.
• Complete regulatory audit requirements.
• Take a proactive approach to Quality Improvement Activities to ensure delivery of high-quality patient care.
• Being able to work in professional isolation under your own initiative as well as part of a team.
• Be flexible with working hours
• Character and personality are key for our teams to be able to deliver the supportive, caring service we give to all of our patients. Our Independent Nurse Prescribers must be friendly, sociable, warm, and empathetic.
•Attention to detail – when dealing with health and wellbeing, focus and observance keep our patients safe and happy.
• Enthusiasm and self-motivation - our clinic teams are small, so being able to work without continuous supervision is needed.
Time management skills – be able to run a busy clinic of patient consultations and appropriately manage time spent with each patient.
• Computer skills – we utilize technology to improve our service, so this means you will need to be familiar and comfortable working with Windows based computer systems, including the Microsoft Office suite. We use a bespoke diary management system and several online services, so knowing how to navigate a computer is a must.
• An interest in health promotion, nutrition and behavioural change are essential.
• Experience of working as an Independent Nurse prescriber in the private sector is an advantage.
• Registered Independent Nurse Prescriber with V300 certification.
• Minimum of two years’ experience as an Independent Nurse Prescriber.
• Worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Comprehensive knowledge of clinical guidelines and standard for weight management
• Evidence of Continued Professional Development in weight management
Alongside the satisfaction of being able to help people change their lives, we’ll make sure you receive a competitive salary. We’ll also make sure you get all the training and support you need to deliver knowledgeable advice and an efficient service, using our extensive in-house training and development pathway. On top of this, if you or your friends and family want to make changes to your lifestyle and health, we offer an employee discount and a friends and family scheme.
The Slimming Clinic is at a very exciting point in its development, so this is an opportunity to make your impact and help develop the gold standard of weight loss care.
This job was posted to Community nurse, Nurse practitioner, Practice nurse in Swansea, Swansea (Abertawe), Wales
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 38760 - 38760 Per yearFull timeTemporarySwansea, Swansea (Abertawe), Wales
MSI Group are currently looking to recruit a qualified registered Physiotherapist who is looking for a new challenge using their cl...
£ 38760 - 38760 Per yearFull timePermanentBridgend, Bridgend (Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr), Wales
Starting Salary: £38,760 + Generous Benefits Package + Overtime OpportunitiesOffice Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pmAre you a Reg...