BackBack to menu

Forgotten password

Enter your email address. We'll send you a link to reset your password

Niche Jobs Ltd Privacy Policy is a job advertising website run by Niche Jobs Ltd. Niche Jobs Ltd is not an employment agency and does not undertake such activities as would be consistent with acting as an agency.

This privacy policy applies only to this website. If you do not accept this privacy policy, you must not use the website. A user will have been deemed to have accepted our Privacy Policy when they register their details on the site, or set up a job alert emails.

We are committed to ensuring our user's privacy in accordance with the 1998 Data Protection Act, as well as ensuring a safe and secure user experience.

Personal (identifiable) information

When users submit identifiable* information to the website they are given the choice as to whether they wish their details to be visible to companies advertising on the website.

  • By selecting 'Allow companies to contact me about jobs', this means that a user's information, as it is entered on the website, may be viewed by companies who use our CV Search tool or watchdog function. At no point does Niche Jobs Ltd distribute a user's information to third parties beyond what we may be legally obligated to do.
  • By selecting 'I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire', this means that a user's information will only be visible to a company advertising on the site if a user applies to a job being advertised by that company.

Whilst Niche Jobs Ltd makes every effort to restrict CV access to legitimate companies only, it cannot be held responsible for how CVs are used by third parties once they have been downloaded from our database.

  • Identifiable information is anything that is unique to a user (i.e. email addresses, telephone numbers and CV files).

Niche Jobs Ltd may from time to time send email-shots on behalf of third parties to users. Users can unsubscribe from mailshots using the unsubscribe link in the email or by contacting Niche Jobs Ltd via the Contact Us page on the website.

Non-identifiable information

Niche Jobs Ltd may also collect information (via cookies) about users and how they interact with the site, for purposes of performance measuring and statistics. This information is aggregated, so is not identifiable on an individual user basis.

Users may choose to accept or deny cookies from Niche Jobs Ltd, but users should be aware that if cookies are not permitted it may adversely affect a user’s experience of the site.

Removal of stored information

Niche Jobs Ltd reserves the right to remove user information from the database if that information is deemed obsolete or used in a way that is detrimental to the performance of the website or the reputation of the business as a whole.

A user may remove their details by selecting the 'Remove my account' option from their account menu, or by requesting the removal of their details via the 'Contact Us' link on the website. A confirmation of this removal will be sent to the user by Niche Jobs Ltd.

If you have any questions regarding this privacy policy, you may contact us at:

Niche Jobs Ltd.
30-34 North Street
East Sussex
BN27 1DW
United Kingdom

For Advertisers:

Niche Jobs Ltd makes every effort to ensure that advertiser details are kept safely and securely.

Advertiser details are kept in our secure database and are not distributed to third parties without express permission. Payment details are securely stored in third party systems.

This Privacy Policy is correct as of March 2016.


Share this article

Cutting out the middle man between NI contributions and your pay

Cutting out the middle man between NI contributions and your pay

An online tax rebate company is offering to claim back money for the upkeep of your health care uniform. Sarah Kean-Price investigates if you could benefit and looks for the catch.

Cutting out the middle man between NI contributions and your pay: The NHS and Healthcare Worker Tax Rebate Facebook page. If you work in health care, you may have noticed quite a few of your Facebook friends liking the ‘NHS and Healthcare Worker Tax Rebate’ page. I certainly have and thought it’d be worth all our time to have a look-see and get a feel for just what this is.

Is it real? Is it a scam?

Companies that claim to get you money back through some scheme or other can seem a little dodgy. After all, why would they do it if there wasn’t anything in it for them? You’ve surely received 1001 robot phone calls about PFI claims and spam galore along similar veins – The Healthcare Worker Tax Rebate page makes the whole process seem so easy and rewarding, it sounds almost too good to be true!

However, at the time of writing, the page had a whopping 85, 492 likes, 18,662 people talking about it and multiple posts of “thank-you, got my money!”; with figures like that, surely a scam would have fizzled out long before?. For the moment, we’ll give the Healthcare Worker Tax Rebate the benefit of the doubt for the moment and have a look.

So, what is this tax rebate service?

Visiting their site, they tell us that health care sector workers can get tax rebates on their uniform and uniform upkeep, union dues, professional fees and money back for shoes, socks and tights.

The site offers to process your claim for you for a £10 fee and a further 20% of the refund including VAT. If Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs decide you aren’t entitled to a rebate, then you don’t have to pay any fees at all. If you get a refund and then forget to claim it back from them, they’ll charge you £25 a year as a holding fee.

How do you do it?

You tell them which tax years you worked as a healthcare worker and give them your basic details. Next, you receive a Claim reference, a checklist, instructions and your claim form for printing off and filling out.

Who is it for?

The claim form gives a full rundown of the uniformed staff that may be able to claim:

• Active ambulance staff • Nurses and midwives • Chiropodists • Dental nurses • Occupational, speech and physiotherapists • Phlebotomists • Radiographers • Orderlies, porters, ward clerks, sterile services workers, domestic and catering staff • Laboratory staff, pharmacists and pharmacy assistants • Maintenance workers, grounds and estates staff, drivers, security guards, receptionists, parking attendants and ‘other uniformed staff’. • Those that have to wear a certain colour or style of tights or socks (men are clearly included here) and shoes.

Union and professional body registration is also claimable. You can get money back if you pay out any to:

• Unison • RCN • NMC • HCPC • RCM • SoR • IBMS • GDC • GphC • Professional Indemnity Insurance • The CRB for your check • Trade Publications like the Nursing Times

The fees and and subscription rates are helpfully included so you can work out just how much you are owed.

Whats the catch?

Having a poke on the Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions small print, you can see that they may use your personal information to send you details about other their affiliates products and services but won’t sell it to anyone. They also will destroy your details after you don’t need to access them anymore. And you can opt-out of the affiliate marketing.

So, you might get a bit of contact about various offers from other companies they choose to promote but you can tell them not to and they’ll take £10+20% of your refund but, apart from that, it all sounds pretty good! Let us know on our Facebook page how you got on – we’re sure other staff would like to hear about it!

Recommended, Similar Jobs

Experienced Paediatric Nurses needed for Home Care Role

Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, England
Lloyds Pharmacy Clinical Homecare

Related Jobs