Staff Nurse - HMP Swinfen Hall - RGN or RMN - Adult Male Category C Prison Service - Lichfield - £23 per hour
Days - Flexible working options are available
I am currently looking for a Prison Nurse ( RGN or RMN ) to work within an adult male category C Prison service in Lichfield. You must have prison clearance for this role.
Benefits of this Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN role include:
- Rate of pay up to £23 depending on experience
- Free uniforms
- Essential training provided
- Long term contracts on offer
- Flexible working hours; full time and part time available
As a Prison Nurse, your duties include:
- Assist in the promotion, monitoring and development of evidence based primary health care services, and monitor the work of others providing services to the population.
- Provide an emergency first line response service in emergency situations daily within the prison environment.
- Maintain clinical credibility in order to remain updated and influence the practice of others.
- Attend meetings associated with your area of responsibility and in the absence of or at the request of the HCC Manager.
- Demonstrate a willingness to develop professionally and contribute to the delivery of the NSFs to the practice population.
- Promote and support multidisciplinary and interagency working throughout the delivery of healthcare, understanding the contribution of others in the wider prison system.
- Assist the primary care Manager in the development, implementation, of policies and standards and procedures.
- Administer medications as prescribed according to NMC guidelines.
- Support the development, implementation, and monitoring of Clinical Governance and quality assurance.
- Support the continuous personal development and training of all healthcare staff.
- Participate in clinical supervision.
- Initiate and participate in research and clinical audit ensure compliance with prison healthcare and NSF standards.
The Ideal Prison Nurse, RGN or RMN will have:
- Current NMC registration
- Experience in acute medicine / emergency dept
- Previous experience in a prison setting and Prison Clearance
- Evidence of professional development
- Non-judgemental approach towards all individuals
- Flexibility to work shift patterns on a 24-hour rotational basis in response to the needs of the prison including nights/weekends/bank holidays
- Evidence of good communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritise and meet goals with tight deadlines
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice Weekly Pay Roll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £250 for each nurse you refer who we successfully place
- "Find your own job" bonus get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.