I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve?
We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
Priory Group is the UK'S leading independent provider of mental health care and education services. We have an outstanding reputation both for the service we deliver and for the investment we make in our people and in our environment.
Both Maple and Alder acute admission units are for men and women with a separate lounge area for females. The units will operate a 24 hour admission service supporting local NHS services, taking both informal and formal patients. The units team will consist of a consultant psychiatrist, staff grade doctor, clinical psychologist, occupational therapist, registered mental health nurses and experienced health care assistants. The ethos of the units will be to provide support in a crisis and offer therapeutic engagement during the in-patient stay. The service will also work closely with the psychiatric intensive care units allowing patients a pathway of care appropriate to their needs.
* Work as a Senior Nurse in a Ward or equivalent area ensuring a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, their families and visitors.
- Applies relevant policies and statutory requirements within the ward and hospital framework of governance and communicates requirements to the wider team.
- Ensures that risk is assessed and managed across the immediate and wider working environment and that statutory requirements are met.
- Respects and applies the requirements of equality and diversity, promoting and role modelling these across the team.
- Identifies deficits in skill mix and safe staffing levels and acts to address these.
- Supervises a defined group of team members and contributes to their overall CPD, mandatory training and appraisal process recognising the skills required across the team. This will also include addressing any performance issues that are below the expected standard.
- Acts as a role model to promote a culture of learning development, inquiry and a team vision.
- Implements, monitors and evaluates therapeutic interventions within an overall care programme, enabling people with mental health and or learning disability needs to develop coping strategies.
- Actively supports and contributes to effective Multi Disciplinary Working
- Engages in collaborative problem solving, supporting and encouraging clients to take ownership of issues, identify problems and to develop solutions to them based on their own needs and preferences.
- Contributes to the process of collaboratively assessing and acting on risks of harm, danger and abuse.
- Is named nurse for a small group of patients, acting as Associate nurse for colleagues when on duty, and is a regular shift leader.
- Provides Clinical Supervision to a group of defined nursing staff
- Undertakes Lead roles for the ward, as agreed with the Ward manager
- Deputises for the Ward manager as required
- Adheres to all National, Company and local standards, policies and procedures
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Taunton, Somerset, England£ 26453 - 33800 Per yearPermanentPosted 11th March 2018
£ 26453 - 33800 Per yearFull timePermanentPosted 11th March 2018Closes 8th April 2018Ref AA/TA/12/03/18
Location: Taunton Salary: £26,453 - £33,800 p/a + enhancements Description: Set in acres of beautiful landscape, this service offer...