I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Coventry, West Midlands, England
The Lead Teleassessment Healthcare Professional is a unique role, with a combination of performing the role of a Teleassessment Healthcare Professional, whilst managing a small team of 4 Healthcare Professionals. Day to day you will be expected to perform team management functions and conduct telephone based triage calls and Paper based reviews in accordance with the Royal Navy medical standards.
* Line management responsibilities of 4 Healthcare professionals - 1-1s, appraisals and objective setting, performance and productivity management, shift management, reporting and quality management
* Be a point of contact for the Royal Navy Service Entry Medical Cell - discussing individual and policy based issues
* Work pro-actively and independently, with excellent organisation and communication skills
* Work closely with the Medical Service Delivery Manager and Administration Team Leader to ensure an efficient work flow
* Work closely with the Deputy Chief Medical Officer and Chief Medical Officer for clinical effectiveness and improvement
* The ability to understand and interpret the medical standards set by the Royal Navy that candidates are assessed against.
* Be professional in questioning candidates to ensure that candidates are kept at ease during the process and leave the call maintaining the positive reputation of Royal Navy.
* Provide accurate data from medical questioning that will permit accurate judgments of fitness of candidates, including where further medical evidence will be required for the candidate's medical examination
* The ability to undertake computer based assessment, to ensure accurate records and audit trails.
* To undertake the calls in an efficient manner, whilst maintaining confidentiality for candidates
The role will require a good standard of IT literacy as the team work in a paperless environment.
Accountabilities and main responsibilities
Leadership and Management:
* Responsibility for the day to day running and management of the team
* Work closely with SDM, DCMO,CMO and Admin Team Leader
Training and development:
* Maintain own professional development whilst supporting your team in achieving their own development plans
* To undertake telephone based assessment aimed at highlighting candidates that are ineligible to join the Royal Navy, and those that may require further medical evidence from their GP Surgery to inform medical decisions on fitness to serve.
* Referring cases to Lead Nurse, Chief Medical officer and the Royal Naval Officers as appropriate.
* To review further medical evidence received following the initial request to inform clinical decisions on suitability for service in accordance with current Naval guidelines.
* To ensure that conversations are documented in an appropriate format on the electronic questionnaire.
* Assist in dealing safely and effectively with difficult or distressed candidates
* Provide clinical advice for recruiters and candidates on medical issues
* Heighten awareness of the importance of medical screening to recruiters and other interested parties
Qualifications and skills
* NMC registration/ Professional Body Registration
* Team management and proven leadership skills
* Excellent inter personal and communication skills
* Calm professional disposition
* Good IT skills
* Experience in Health Screening/ Occupational Health
* An appreciation of Armed Forces careers and recruitment
* Previous experience of the military - either personal, family or work related connections
If you would like to have a discussion around this position do contact Chris Wethered on Applyor email Apply
Team 24 - Apply Online is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Tele Lead