I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
London, Greater London, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Bishops Wood Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department.
This post is FULL time for 37.5 hours per week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should have the following:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* External Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification desirable.
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills desirable
* ENB 998 and/or mentorship course desirable
Duties of this role include:
* Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
* The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
* Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure
* Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
* Monitor the patient's condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Reading, Berkshire, England£ 55000 Per yearPermanentPosted 19th February 2018
£ 55000 Per yearFull timePermanentPosted 19th February 2018Closes 19th March 2018Ref 1359
The Theatre Managers that we represent tell us that one the of most challenging parts of their job is providing higher-quality care...