I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Orpington, Greater London, England
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Partnerships in Care is one of the UK's leading provider of independent specialist secure and step-down services for people with mental illness, personality disorders, learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and brain injuries. We have over 30 hospitals, and close to 4,000 employees with over 28 years of experience in our sector.
Kent House is a 12-bedded Tier 4 low secure hospital for young people aged 12 - 18 years with mental health, behavioural or psychological difficulties, and an OFSTED-registered school which supports the young people with educational attainment.
The service is set in a rural environment with close links and transport to the local community and amenities.
We provide care for the young people admitted to Kent House Hospital in the least restrictive way and we adhere to the values and principles of Positive Behaviour Support (PBS). We are members of the Quality Network for Inpatient Camhs to measure and improve the quality of our care and treatment.
You will be central to providing high quality care within a Rehabilitation setting. The patient group may consist of Personality Disordered, Enduring Mental Illness and Learning Disabilities
You will work within an identified career development pathway and be expected to complete appropriate competency development portfolio.
Our Staff Nurse role involves:
* Contributing to the comprehensive assessment of a patient.
* Compiling a holistic plan of care in partnership with the individual.
* Compiling a positive risk management plan.
* Monitoring and reviewing individualised patient plans, within an evidence based framework.
* Contributing to pre-admission assessment of referred patient
* Contributing to the development of Health Care Workers
* Prioritising, organising, and deploying under direction, resources to meet the requirements of the ward for the duration of a shift.
* Committing to the promotion of basic living skills within a Rehabilitation Setting.
* Contributing to the delivery of evidence based therapeutic interventions as agreed by the interdisciplinary team.
* Managing medication as per hospital policy.
* Adhering at all times to the NMC code of professional conduct.
* To be successful for the higher level nurse positions you would be expected to take on a higher level of responsibility in the above tasks; beyond monitoring, reviewing and contributing. You would also need to be able to undertake the role of supervising and managing staff.
To be successful as Staff Nurse, you'll need:
* Completion of pre-registration/ Preceptorship
* Drive to take responsibility for personal learning and development.
* Experience of working in a similar environment and role
* A focus on patient centred care
* Demonstrable experience of being a team player
* Ability to be self-motivated and flexible
* For higher level nursing position strong Leadership and management of people skills
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
* Competitive salary
* 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
* Extra Service Annual leave awards
* Career development - progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
* A contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Private medical insurance
* Personal health insurance
* An employee assistance programme
* Free meals/refreshments when on duty
* Free car parking
* Private Dental Cover
* Flexible Benefits Packages
* £250 Contribution towards CPD
* NMC Payment in full
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring S