I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Colchester, Essex, England
Job Reference: 29sn003
Closing Date: 30th March 2018
We have an exciting opportunity in our Colchester clinic for a registered nurse who wants to make a difference in our patient’s lives.
The Dialysis Clinic operates as a partnership agreement with Colchester University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. The role will cover both units. Clacton is a new unit opening in May 2018 and will comprise of 8 units.
The facility itself in Colchester is part of the Primary Care Centre, all on one level and in walking distance from Colchester University Hospital. The part of the building used for dialysis was modified and fitted to facilitate chronic dialysis treatment. This is a 20 station unit with a capacity to dialyze 120 patients. The unit operates Monday to Saturday, opening hours 06.30am-23.30pm. Access to the facility is by established routes, with a bus stop at the entrance to the PCC area and Colchester train station nearby. Staff are expected to cover shifts at Colchester Hospital, Renal Unit as part of the rota.
You will provide patient care according to Diaverum procedures and in order to increase the quality of life for our patients. A comprehensive professional training programme will be provided to you, including on-the-job training, e-learning and access to our in-house education programme ‘d Academy’.
• Take ownership of care programmes for renal patients including the initiation and termination of dialysis, whilst providing stable clinical care, emotional support and independence for patients
• Follow the tailored care plans to administer medications, fluid therapy or other appropriate treatments as per Consultant instructions and ensuring clinical activity is appropriately documented in the patient medical record
• Review pre and post haemodialysis care with patient
• Discuss health concerns with patient; review any concerns with the multi-disciplinary team as necessary
• Prepare and monitor dialysis machines and systems inline with Diaverum processes
• Monitor dialysis water treatment system for use according to the established procedures
• Act as a named staff nurse for a group of assigned patients ensuring ‘great care‘ is provided at all times
• Proactively participate in quality and service improvement programmes
• NMC Registered General Nurse
• Awareness and Understanding of NMC code of professional conduct
• Be able to work autonomously and within a multi-disciplinary team
• 1 year+ experience in general nursing / Applications from newly qualified Nurses are also welcomed
(Haemodialysis would be an advantage but not essential) - full training is provided.• Have a positive and dynamic approach to providing safe and effective delivery of care
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in English
COME GROW WITH US!
• Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
• Monday to Saturday, Shifts hours from 06.00 to 23.30 (No Nights* or Sunday working)
• Competitive Salary , Unsocial Payments*, Location Allowance*
• 27 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) increasing with service
• Life Assurance, Discounted Fitness Membership, Stakeholder Company Pension
• Relocation allowance *
• Post subject to References, Identification, DBS and OH checks
* where applicable/dependent on clinic