I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Eastbourne, East Sussex, England
JOB REFERENCE: 18SN007
CLOSING DATE: 17th March2018
We have an exciting full time opportunity in our Eastbourne clinic for a staff nurse who wants to make a difference in our patient’s lives.
The Eastbourne clinic is a purpose built clinic in the Chaucer Business park affording free private parking for employees and patients alike. The unit provides Renal outpatient treatments for patients requiring kidney dialysis and works in partnership with the Brighton and Sussex NHS Trust. Services are provided Monday to Saturday from 6:30am to 11:30pm with a combination of shift times (no night shifts or Sunday working required).
The clinic is afforded with 16 dialysis stations and a consultant supports the unit with monthly visits/reviews. The facilities are spacious and there is a dedicated staff room/rest room facility for staff. There are bus services to this area which is situated near Stone Cross and Polegate, just a short journey from the beautiful Eastbourne and Brighton coastlines.
Working in Partnership with the NHS, you will provide patient care according to Diaverum procedures and in order to increase the quality of life for our patients. A comprehensive professional training programme will be provided to you, including on-the-job training, e-learning and access to our in-house education programme ‘d Academy’.
• Take ownership of care programmes for renal patients including the initiation and termination of dialysis, whilst providing stable clinical care, emotional support and independence for patients
• Follow the tailored care plans to administer medications, fluid therapy or other appropriate treatments as per Consultant instructions and ensuring clinical activity is appropriately documented in the patient medical record
• Review pre and post haemodialysis care with patient
• Discuss health concerns with patient; review patient concerns with the multi-disciplinary team as necessary
• Provide ongoing patient education
• Prepare and monitor dialysis machines and systems inline with Diaverum processes
• Monitor dialysis water treatment system for use according to the established procedures
• Act as a named staff nurse for a group of assigned patients ensuring ‘great care‘ is provided at all times
• Proactively participate in quality and service improvement programmes
• NMC Registered Nurse
• Awareness and Understanding of NMC code of professional conduct
• Be able to work autonomously and within a multi-disciplinary team
• At least one year’s experience in general nursing (Haemodialysis would be an advantage but not essential) - full training is provided.
• Applications from newly qualified Nurses are welcomed
• Have a positive and dynamic approach to providing safe and effective delivery of care
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in English
COME GROW WITH US!
• Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
• Monday to Saturday, Shifts hours from 06.00 to 23.30 (No Nights* or Sunday working)
• Please note that pay listed above includes a Competitive Salary and Unsocial Payments,
• 27 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) increasing with service
• Life Assurance, Discounted Fitness Membership, Stakeholder Company Pension
• Post subject to References, Identification, DBS and OH checks
• Relocation allowance * Location Allowance*
* where applicable/dependent on clinic
Please note that we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications