I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Orpington, Greater London, England
BMI Chelsfield Park in Orpington is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in both the Outpatients and Preassessment departments .
This is a Part time role for 20 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* NMC Registration
* Working knowledge of company hospital and departmental policies and procedures as they apply to the role.
* Post-registration experience in an acute setting
* Evidence of professional development and willingness to take on additional responsibilities
* Working knowledge of a wide variety of medical and surgical conditions.
* Experience in general surgery, orthopaedic and gynaecology.
* Must have mentorship.
* Experience of both Outpatients and Preassessment
Duties of this role include:
* To be responsible and accountable for the care of an assigned group of patients as described in the Corporate and Departmental Philosophies and the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
* To deputise for the Ward Sister as required.
* To assist the Clinical Nurse Manager and Ward Sisters in any ongoing and new projects.
* To assist with the identification of training needs of junior health care assistants and ward clerks and assist in the meeting of these needs.
* To delegate work according to staff capabilities and competence.
* To assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
* Recognize the significance of patient observations and maintain a pro-active approach in dealing with them.
* Maintain high standards of patient care throughout the patient's journey, from admission to discharge, utilising care pathways.
* To deputize in the absence of a Sister in the daily management of the ward.
* To liaise with members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the holistic care of the patient
* To take a supervisory/teaching role with less experienced members of staff and students
* To continually seek improvement in working practice
* To advise patients on the promotion of health and the prevention of illness.
* To ensure patients being discharged have the information necessary for an uncomplicated recovery, including Howard Warwick questionnaires.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
London, Greater London, England£ 37555 - 51765 Per yearPermanentPosted 10th January 2018
£ 37555 - 51765 Per yearFull timePermanentPosted 10th January 2018Closes 10th February 2018Ref ZA/18529
Finegreen are recruiting on behalf of a leading, worldwide non-profit organisation to recruit an Infection Prevention and Control L...