I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Windsor, Berkshire, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Princess Margaret Hospital are recruiting for an Endoscopy Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration.
* Basic and advanced Competence / qualification in Endoscopy Care and Decontamination.
* Operators Course in Endoscopy Decontamination.
* Teaching / Assessing / mentorship qualifications Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies (Care Quality Commission, GRS, JAG, HTM 01 -06).
* Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
* Previous experience as a Registered Practitioner or equivalent in an endoscopy service.
* Experience and training in pain management, care of the deteriorating patient, care of patient under conscious sedation requiring monitored recovery.
* At least 1 year's previous experience as a Registered Practitioner or equivalent in an endoscopy service desirable.
Duties of this role include:
* To provide quality planned care across the endoscopy patient pathway, supporting and assisting the Endoscopy Practitioner Lead in the management and organisation of care provision within the endoscopy unit.
* Provide quality planned care for patients undergoing endoscopic procedures within own scope of practice.
* To participate in the improvement in Essential Quality Requirements and Best Practice standards for flexible endoscopy services including decontamination and clinical care.
* To develop and enhance the own skills and knowledge.
* Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
* Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
* Participate in departmental communication, policy development, and continuous quality improvement and meetings.
* To prove safe and efficient decontamination of flexible endoscopes.
* Adhere to departmental decontamination programme for flexible endoscopes.
* Participate in the departmental audit program including decontamination, clinical standards, microbiological testing, patient experience etc.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.