I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Bristol, City of Bristol, England
Mediroom Practitioner / RGN / Nurse / ODP (Pre and post op care)
Band 5 £22,000 - £28,000
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated RGN to join a leading clinical care team in the Bristol area.
Your responsibilities will include;
* You will be responsible for assessment, planning, provision, maintenance and evaluation of patient care for patients within a Medi-room Environment
* Work within and lead a clinical care team
* Take personal responsibility and accountability for ensuring that Trust and local policies and procedures are known and followed and will ensure duties are carried out in accordance with the advisory guidelines and practice set out in the NMC code of Professional conduct.
* Take responsibility for the supervision and guidance of other staff including health care assistants and students on a daily basis.
* Actively contribute to the provision of a good learning environment by taking on the role of mentor/assessor for learners e.g. Student nurses, Trainee Assistant Practitioners and support worker roles.
* There will be an expectation that managerial and leadership skills will continually be developed by taking charge of the unit on an adhoc basis.
* This role will involve leadership, education, and a high standard of care in clinical practice.
* Work within the multi-disciplinary team and be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care in the Medi-room setting.
* You may be designated to take charge of the Medi-rooms in the absence of the Team Leader and will be expected to be a credible and professional role model.
* Will be able to work on their own initiative as well as within a team. They will be able to confidently liaise with all members of the multi-disciplinary team, and act as an advocate for patients.
* Will be required to support and educate colleagues, student nurses, medical students, and junior medical staff.
Working conditions / Effort.
* A need to respond to frequently changing needs of the ward. Exposure to distressing and emotional situations.
* Frequently stand for long periods wearing heavy lead rubber protective clothing
* Manual handling and postural demands.
* Exposure to potential violent and aggressive behaviour. Contact with blood and body fluids.
* The need to use highly developed skills and demonstrates a high level of manual dexterity. The need to work a shift system.
* Rotation to night duty as and when required
* Working in departments utilising Ionising Radiation and chemical substances falling under the Control of Substances
* Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations.
* RGN or Registered ODP with evidence of CPD.
* NMC / HCPC
* Evidence of ongoing professional development including post basic education
* Experience at band 5 across surgical specialities
* Evidence of having completed training for extended roles required for medirooms. i.e. IV drug administration, cannulation, venepuncture, ECGs, male catheterisation, PCA and Epidural training etc
* Advanced communication skills, verbal & written, to include report writing and record keeping.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with patients and multidisciplinary team.
Evidence of continuing professional development.
* Ability to undertake shift work (flexible options available)
* Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Excellent teaching skills
* Sound knowledge of the guidelines set out in the NMC / HCPC code of professional conduct and current perioperative issues
* Sound knowledge of Trust Policies & practices including manual handling, health & safety and infection control.
* Effective computer / IT skills and expectation to develop these in line with the needs of the service i.e. IHS, Acis, Email use.
* Excellent organisational skills, proven ability to problem solve and remain calm under pressure
Personal Qualities/Special Circumstances
* Flexibility/ punctuality.
* Able to work within a diverse community of patients and health care professionals.