I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Enfield, London, Greater London, England
BMI Kings Oak Hospital in Enfield is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner - Scrub to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Mon - Sat Apply
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills are desirable
* ENB 998 and/or mentorship course is desirable
* External Advance Scrub Practitioner qualification is desirable
* RGN or RODP with some experience.
* Orthopaedic scrub skills an advantage
Duties of this role include:
* To support, co-ordinate and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within a delegated team in the Operating Department
* Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
* The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
* Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients' identity and operative site against the supporting documentation including the completion of the WHO checklist prior to the start of the procedure.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
*Please note successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS / PVG Check prior to employment.