I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
BMI Three Shires Hospital in Northampton is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Theatre Practitioner - Orthopaedic Scrub to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Shifts will cover Mon- Sat Apply.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
* Post-registration qualification relevant to functional specialty i.e. Advanced Scrub Practitioner or Surgical First Assistant qualification [for scrub leads].
* ENB 998 and/or mentorship course.
* Approved / recognised anaesthetic course.
* Mentorship qualification
* Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent. Functional skills level 2 evidence.
* Significant post-registration experience within a high acuity specialty.
* Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations
* Previous experience working within an acute healthcare environment.
* Previous experiencing managing and leading a clinical team.
* Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification desirable.
* ALS desirable.
* Previous qualification in healthcare desirable.
Duties of this role include:
* Deliver safe quality care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care.
* To support, coordinate and actively assist in the management and organisation of care within the operating department.
* Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership.
* Lead in the delivery of patient care, during a list or specified period of time.
* Ensure that patient safety checks are carried out in accordance with the policy and that all practitioners adhere to the policy.
* Contribute to quality improvement.
* Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
* Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
* Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
* Achieve agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
* Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
* Maintain knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act. Ensuring appropriate measures are taken in respect of Health and Safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff and contractors.
* Develop a strategy for peri-operative function and/or specialty service, including training and resource needs and implement an action plan to meet objectives.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.